Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014, LT1, RS, package
21 Posts
I had the same thing happen. My cruze developed an interment squeel, with no oil leak. It turned out to be the front camshaft seal too. She really only squeeled when under load, like when I turned on the a.c., ran her to hard on the track, or something like that. She also squeeled somtimes strangely enough when I turned the wheel at low speeds (ie pulling into my driveway).
I don't have alot of miles on my cruze and the only reason for this failure I believe was because I had the pcv vaulve go out several times
(before getting the work around kit..
best purchase I ever made for this car by the way)... my point is if your car has had the pcv vaulve go out I would strongly recommend taking a look at the front seal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since it makes the chirping at start up I question whether it is related to the suspension. My Cruze recently developed the chirping (intermitent) and, although it had no oil leak whatsoever, it turned out to be the front crankshaft seal. I discovered this using a stethoscope. Replaced the seal and the chirping disappeared. You may want to give this a try.
i’ll have to remember that one crankshaft seal didn’t even cross my mind but it makes sense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i also had a chirping sound and found it was the valve cover. pull out the oil dipstick while its running and if the chirping stops its the valve cover

21 - 24 of 24 Posts