Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cruze with F16D4 1.6 engine, I found an information about this engine and it says here Chevrolet F16D4 Engine 1.6L Problems, specs, reliability, oil, Aveo, Cruze says that

4. This engine doesn't have Hydraulic tappets anymore. You have to adjust the valve gaps by yourself every 60,000 miles. But somebody thinks that's an advantage of this motor.

according this, what do we need to do per 60.000 miles?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I have a cruze with F16D4 1.6 engine, I found an information about this engine and it says here Chevrolet F16D4 Engine 1.6L Problems, specs, reliability, oil, Aveo, Cruze says that

4. This engine doesn't have Hydraulic tappets anymore. You have to adjust the valve gaps by yourself every 60,000 miles. But somebody thinks that's an advantage of this motor.

according this, what do we need to do per 60.000 miles?

Well written, don't you think?

1. If you don't look at timing belt condition, in one day will happen great engine disaster - blended valves, crushed pistons and etc.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The 1.6 in your Cruze is not available here in North America.......so, hopefully one of our members from your country will see your question.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.