Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Replaced neither

Votes: 17 56.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-...y-early-factory-battery-replace-problems.html, @theonlyphoenix made an assertion that the smart charging system in the Cruze is responsible for some of the early battery death's we've seen. Later in the thread he makes a comment that the RVC paired with bad cables may be the culprit and that the older dumb charging systems wouldn't have cared.

GM issued http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-s...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html to deal with other odd electrical gremlins.

Thus this poll.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted - I haven't replaced either my battery or negative power cable.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Add "replaced battery outside of B2B"?

Reactions: Tomko and spacedout

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I had a B2b and opted to buy my own battery since the original seemed to be crap I didn't want to need one in another 2 years.

For the first 1.5 years my car had random CELs, service stabilitrac, and many other DIC messages. I replaced my battery with a Die Hard AGM and at the time found a few loose ground connections, the loosest one was near the headlight. It's been 75,000 miles and almost 3 years and I have not had any other weird electrical issues.

I put my original battery in an old tractor that sat all winter long, **** thing fired right up in the spring. Not sure my issues were ever battery related, but caused by those loose grounds I found.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over what time period? I considered adding this pair of options but couldn't figure out the time period to use. I chose the B2B because that's what the OEM battery is warranted for. If someone can give a reasonable time period I'll be more than happy to add this.

·
Banned
260 Posts
I think you should add the categories of DIC voltage display of < 11.9 v,
random dead battery for no apparent reasons, and any other battery cable
replacements or repairs.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If someone can give a reasonable time period I'll be more than happy to add this.
Three years? While that's the same time as B2B, a person can "mile out" of B2B in less than 3 years. Beyond 3 years, I'm not sure as I'd call it "early".

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Use time, not mileage.......battery life is same as us......death begins on the born date.....grim but true.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Use time, not mileage.......battery life is same as us......death begins on the born date.....grim but true.

Rob
Will do if I can figure out how to change the text of the poll questions. Good point.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Over 4 years and 166k, I have replaced neither.

As a matter of fact, the only "repair" items I have had to replace out of warranty are two PCV valve covers, a thermostat gasket, a turbo oil feed line, and a water outlet.
I do believe you can get another 4 years with a few more bits and pieces .

Reactions: UpstateNYBill

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm just about out of B2B (just under 33k). I've replaced nothing and had no electrical issues. My sense is that this is one of the many improvements they made by the time the 14's came out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts