Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive got another cruze. 2012 RS 1.4 turbo. Its got some issues and just took a dive on me. It ran ok at first but I had the blinking engine light and stabilitrac onboard message pop up. So I thought ok maybe the common pcv valve issue. Then the car would hesitate hard on a hard accel like it didnt want to shift up. And now yesterday car was running fine but went to go up hill and no power. Car started smoking like a mother and then started spewing oil out the pcv diaphragm in the valve cover. It acted like the engine built up huge oil pressure and started spewing. The temp was fine. Meanwhile the car started chugging hard and i got a misfire and these codes.
p0097
p0113
p0300
p0324
p0325
p11c2
p2227
p2228

Also. Not sure but i feel like the turbo wasnt working right at all. Opened it up an scoped the inside. Turbine looks fine but bunch of play in the gate pin an a nice hair line crack across the gate seat about 2 inches long.

So guys the question here is it possible the turbo going bad could cause this series of unfortunate events? And will slapping a new one on fix it?
PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So might have ate a ring an it might have a lot of blow by causing high crank case pressure causing oil to blow out

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The first thing I'd do is check when your car was first sold to see if it's possible that you're still within the 5 year/100,000 power train warranty.

·
2,170 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I?m not sure if it has, it has bigger engine issues I?m trying to solve first before that because I can?t even drive it right now if you look at one of my recent posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
You need to replace the valve cover and most likely the intake manifold first then do the turbo, otherwise your going to be spending a lot of money on new turbos and you have high oil pressure most likely because the check valve built into the intake manifold is not completely sealing when you get under boost and now instead of pressurizing the combustion chamber your pressurizing the crank case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
and chances are you detonated a piston due to all of the oil being sucked in the intake. Oil has a very low octane rating which can cause detonation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts