Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something weird with the hazard triangle the other night and forgot to post it then. When it gets dark outside and you turn the car off, stare at it. It flashes but not bright enough to catch on camera phone recording. I was sober when I saw this happen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
How old is your battery?

·
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How old is your battery?
Have to check, build date is 13 May 2013. I had a "service charging systems" message and it disappeared after I got it in the dealer service bay about 3 months ago.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Lol... I always had a thing for hazardous lights.

Waitwat

-I'm mobile-
Normally not in a good situation when you have to use them. And really worthless if the reason why you have to use them is with an electrical problem that caused your battery to go dead.

Electrical problems are the most dominate problems in vehicles.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
The hazard triangle flashing with the hazard lights is normal. My August 2011 build Cruze does it, and always has. It's so you see something flashing and realize they're on. I put mine on when backing out so folks see my car amongst the sea of minivans and SUV's at the local mall.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I noticed something weird with the hazard triangle the other night and forgot to post it then. When it gets dark outside and you turn the car off, stare at it. It flashes but not bright enough to catch on camera phone recording. I was sober when I saw this happen.

Maybe being sober is bad for your health. Its not normal to stare at your triangle sir.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: brian v

·
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tried to quote you, lol how did it let you post w/o a single post outside of my quotes? I wasn't intentionally staring at it, the hotel I was parking at has like 0 lighting in the parking lot out back so I caught it flashing as I reached up to hit the unlock button.

The hazard triangle flashing with the hazard lights is normal. My August 2011 build Cruze does it, and always has. It's so you see something flashing and realize they're on. I put mine on when backing out so folks see my car amongst the sea of minivans and SUV's at the local mall.
That's the thing, the hazard lights aren't on when it does this rapid flash pattern. I wasn't going to see if the flashes are in relation to the USB plug still being powered after the drive cycle till it timed out. I may try tonight when I leave to work to see if it does it again.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
City tiny water department pickup truck has that super loud beeper when in reverse. Told my wife, we got to get one of those, so we also can wake up everyone in the neighborhood when backing out of our driveway.

Heck, I could save money on buying that beeper, just run a wire from the backup lights to the car alarm system. That certainly would wake up all the neighbors when we have to leave at 3:00 AM in the morning.

·
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
City tiny water department pickup truck has that super loud beeper when in reverse. Told my wife, we got to get one of those, so we also can wake up everyone in the neighborhood when backing out of our driveway.

Heck, I could save money on buying that beeper, just run a wire from the backup lights to the car alarm system. That certainly would wake up all the neighbors when we have to leave at 3:00 AM in the morning.
That's how the Subaru was till I got resonators on it. Remote start would rattle the bathroom mirror on the 2nd floor.

It did it again tonight and time delay lights, radio and locking the car didn't stop it. Only when I opened the door and the interior lights came back on did it stop. Gonna add it to the list of normal till something stranger happens.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's how the Subaru was till I got resonators on it. Remote start would rattle the bathroom mirror on the 2nd floor.

It did it again tonight and time delay lights, radio and locking the car didn't stop it. Only when I opened the door and the interior lights came back on did it stop. Gonna add it to the list of normal till something stranger happens.

Have you noticed if it goes away after a certain amount of time? It could be electrical discharge or EMF discharge just draining any electricity from the system and that's just it's path of drain and the surging (blinking) could be due to electromagnetic frequencies produced by electrical current.

If it just keeps going without stopping after a given time, then it has me stumped. Lol. Also keep in mind that locking the car or anything else that would send signal to the car could re energize the system and possibly need to "drain" again afterwards. Just a thought. But this definitely is a weird happening

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I totally missed what you were saying, lol. No, having the hazard triangle flash without the hazard lights on is not normal. Leaving something plugged into the USB drive should not have anything to do with it, but I'm not ruling it out. All the switches run through the BCM in this car, even the radio. Want to change stations? Not unless the BCM okays it...

·
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I totally missed what you were saying, lol. No, having the hazard triangle flash without the hazard lights on is not normal. Leaving something plugged into the USB drive should not have anything to do with it, but I'm not ruling it out. All the switches run through the BCM in this car, even the radio. Want to change stations? Not unless the BCM okays it...
Maybe that's why it takes 4 tries to skip a song from the steering wheel

Have you noticed if it goes away after a certain amount of time? It could be electrical discharge or EMF discharge just draining any electricity from the system and that's just it's path of drain and the surging (blinking) could be due to electromagnetic frequencies produced by electrical current.

If it just keeps going without stopping after a given time, then it has me stumped. Lol. Also keep in mind that locking the car or anything else that would send signal to the car could re energize the system and possibly need to "drain" again afterwards. Just a thought. But this definitely is a weird happening

I will try and see if it does it over time tonight. It looks like a low powered led so it may take some time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts