Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through some old forms and I saw that there was a topic where a guy wanted to open up our heads and forged the internals but I want to know if someone has done it yet. My current plan is to have the heads opened up, upgrade my springs with bigger valves, and upgrade the pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I rebuilt my engine with Vtuner forged pistons and Valve Springs.

Had to send the head to a machine shop to press in new seals as overheated my two inner most exhaust valve seals. They put in new springs free of charge upon full head rebuild @ $800 (Candian rupples)

Needed these tools, rented a good ring compressor for free, 20 hours of self labor
Freedom AM-49977 Engine Timing Tool Kit for 1.4L

Challenging points:
Engine needs to be suspended to access front cover, used a cheap Come-A-Long Winch to the roof to hold engine.
Needed a plastic gasket removal tool & Solvent to clean block surfaces
Keeping your stick on the Ice

Other notes:
Did the rebuild around 75k miles
Use oem piston rings, they are very strong, made in germany, they come pre-gapped
Do not bore sleaves! I ran over 2000F and my sleeves were mint. Could see original machining lines, no TDC lip!
Boring your sleeves will require custom pistons/rings
Stock Cams are ideal.
Stock Rods are Forged
Loosen the radiator to get more working area in the engine bay.
Able to do rebuild with block in engine bay, car on ramps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rebuilt my engine with Vtuner forged pistons and Valve Springs.

Had to send the head to a machine shop to press in new seals as overheated my two inner most exhaust valve seals. They put in new springs free of charge upon full head rebuild @ $800 (Candian rupples)

Needed these tools, rented a good ring compressor for free, 20 hours of self labor
Freedom AM-49977 Engine Timing Tool Kit for 1.4L

Challenging points:
Engine needs to be suspended to access front cover, used a cheap Come-A-Long Winch to the roof to hold engine.
Needed a plastic gasket removal tool & Solvent to clean block surfaces
Keeping your stick on the Ice

Other notes:
Did the rebuild around 75k miles
Use oem piston rings, they are very strong, made in germany, they come pre-gapped
Do not bore sleaves! I ran over 2000F and my sleeves were mint. Could see original machining lines, no TDC lip!
Boring your sleeves will require custom pistons/rings
Stock Cams are ideal.
Stock Rods are Forged
Loosen the radiator to get more working area in the engine bay.
Able to do rebuild with block in engine bay, car on ramps
Okay cool thanks for that. I'm doing a rebuild but I am trying to build the motor to slam more boost in and make more power. So thank you for those tips my good sir

·
Vendor
979 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BNR's got the strongest valvesprings available for these, and we've got pistons too. Pistons are made for us by CP.

BNR Valve Springs for 1.4T LUV/LUJ
Jerry quick question since you're a BNR representative. Is there a difference in power gains between the gtx14 turbo and vtuning's super gt14 turbo? And when it comes to installation what is needed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts