Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone can recommend really good bulbs? I don't want HID conversion. Currently, I do have L.E.D. headlights similar to this , but I've grown tired of them. They are also throwing off a weird pattern, that I just can't adjust to be proper. I used Sylvania bulbs before in my other car, but beside being more satisfied with the performance, I wasn't so with its longevity.
So, what kind of bulbs you guys are using, are you happy/unhappy with them, anyone with an aftermarket headlight set and how is that working out?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Philips Xtreme Vision made a huge difference in my old Cruze (so did aiming them correctly vs the factory setup). Didn't burn out in the 3 years I had them

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is there a procedure or guideline for aiming the headlights correctly, or this just an eyeball kind of thing?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
10,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
Philips Xtreme Vision made a huge difference in my old Cruze (so did aiming them correctly vs the factory setup). Didn't burn out in the 3 years I had them
Likewise, I had Silverstars in the Cavalier from 2012 until we got rid of it and never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
J - Did you upgrade the wiring harness as well, or just install the bulbs and re-aim them?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Likewise, I had Silverstars in the Cavalier from 2012 until we got rid of it and never had a problem.
Those seemed to only last 9 mos - 1 year on my Volvo. But they're known for going through bulbs like crazy (full-on DRLs)

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
Those seemed to only last 9 mos - 1 year on my Volvo. But they're known for going through bulbs like crazy (full-on DRLs)
Interesting - the Cav had separate highs and lows, so it just ran the highs at low power for the DRLs. Probably helped tremendously.

I'm sure it also helped that I replaced both ground wires to the low beams as the both managed to "break" after I installed the headlights (one side had broken beforehand - as it is why that side's low beam stopped working, and why I bought the Silverstars to replace the low beams - only to have that side still not work; the other broke shortly after, but I already knew the cause when it happend).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts