Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have but on a 2002 Monte Carlo.
I was running Silverstars......really should not have overtaxed the connectors, but it did.

Rob
I was running 12k hids with relay and anti flicker. But I took then out awhile ago because of the cold weather. i jjust been using the stock bulbs for a while now, and this just happened today out of no where.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
I was running 12k hids with relay and anti flicker. But I took then out awhile ago because of the cold weather. i jjust been using the stock bulbs for a while now, and this just happened today out of no where.

The stock wiring harness isn't even capable of fully powering the stock halogens. You need a relay harness to pull power directly from the battery with a 16 gauge wire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear. Weird it regular bulbs.... This is why with or without HIDs - Wiring Harness are important. If not covered, look up the delphi part, and unhinge pins and repin in new plug.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
The dealer should cover it. If not I'm not worried wont be a hard fix.

Nj_cruzin,
I would like you to keep me posted on this. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nj_cruzin,
I would like you to keep me posted on this. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service
I got it fixed last Friday with no problems. I just needed a new connector, but the spliced the wires and put in the new connectors

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Upgrade the headlight harness. That way it's a much easier fix than splicing the factory harness. If there is a marginal ground, running a fraction of the current through it will make it last much longer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.