Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked in my Headlight today and found the orange signal bulb cover wedged in at the bottom middle of the entire assembly. All lights work fine and this piece looks like it found a permanent resting place. I know Headlights are not covered under the GMPP but what about the broken assembly, should I have it looked at or replaced. I don't think its going anywhere?
lamp.JPG
Crapo its excluded, wouldn't you know!

·
Site Sponsor
102 Posts
I have been living with mine like this for awhile but am getting it fixed under the 3yr/36k warranty. You can replace the assembly if you want but it won't cause any issues and won't really move around in there at all.

If you want to remove the broken piece you can break it up with a screw driver and then empty it out one of the bulb openings(you would need to remove the headlight to do this). Another option is TYC offers a replacement light that retails for around $100.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been living with mine like this for awhile but am getting it fixed under the 3yr/36k warranty. You can replace the assembly if you want but it won't cause any issues and won't really move around in there at all.

If you want to remove the broken piece you can break it up with a screw driver and then empty it out one of the bulb openings(you would need to remove the headlight to do this). Another option is TYC offers a replacement light that retails for around $100.
Hey thanks! I'm a few months out of the B to B so that won't work. Because its plastic and looks to be solidly wedged in I guess I won't worry. Hit the nastiest invisible bump put in just for road construction with a little postage stamp sized square in that BUMP sign that said 15MPH. Everyone was bottoming out

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Eddy,
Although bulbs are not covered under GMPP I believe the housing may be.
The housing would not be covered for water leakage, but this is a 'failure' of sorts.....the assembly is falling apart.

Give the claim center a call.....number is on your contract.....I think you'll be calling Itaska Illinois.
Explain the failure......be certain to tell them the lamp is operational and there is no water leakage......have your VIN# handy since the contract is based off that number.

Asking is free, so, why not?

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eddy,
Although bulbs are not covered under GMPP I believe the housing may be.
The housing would not be covered for water leakage, but this is a 'failure' of sorts.....the assembly is falling apart.

Give the claim center a call.....number is on your contract.....I think you'll be calling Itaska Illinois.
Explain the failure......be certain to tell them the lamp is operational and there is no water leakage......have your VIN# handy since the contract is based off that number.

Asking is free, so, why not?

Rob
Thanks Rob I'll do that although the Ally GMPP Major Guard page clearly lists this part as excluded:
  • Lamp assemblies and capsules
In the mean time the lens cover that fell off made it to a spot where it looks silly yet isn't going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Thanks Rob I'll do that although the Ally GMPP Major Guard page clearly lists this part as excluded:
  • Lamp assemblies and capsules
In the mean time the lens cover that fell off made it to a spot where it looks silly yet isn't going anywhere.
To go a bit further, Eddy, I am aware that Chevrolet has been covering these on a case by case basis if the car isn't too far out of 3/36 coverage.
You have made it sound, from time to time, that your nearest dealer is a zillion (heh heh) miles away but it may be worth the trip to ask for assistance on this known problem.

Additional thoughts,

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I haven't thought about this in three years as the broken piece stayed in its new home! Now the day I pulled into a Hyundai Dealer with a headlight filled with water and the service writers and mechanic laughing at my Pony, now that was embarrassing !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts