Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting brighter and better quality headlights and foglights for my 2015 cruze LT RS, any suggestions of name brands and LED or HID would greatly help....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have opt7 led hi/lo beams I'm my 11 ltz, and I love them, easy install, about $100 one time lurchase, I had an issue with one of the intercooler but they replaced it for me no problem. Instant warm up, great white color, awsome flood with little bounce back off reflective or wet surfaces, and cuts through rain or fog much better than my hids but I can't speak for all hid and all that is my personal opinion of course. I specifically looked up leds that worked with reflective h13 (i believe thats the cruze) housing

before that I had the xenon hi beam setup with can bus and anti flicker with individual ballasts (I had a blazer with one ballast for both and that sucked) and as far as hids go that would be my personal favorite other than the hi low setup they have available, I didn't like the performance of the hids in the cold or the warmup time at all and I wanted a perfect white color, the hids always have a blueish tint to me, but a little better of a flood than the leds because the leds need to be aimed a tad lower, but that's such a minor difference that I felt the leds were the way to go

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Make sure first that LED or HID are legal for where you plan to operate your vehicle. Here in Missouri for example, headlights must be substantially white in color and auxiliary lights must be white, yellow or amber. Which reduces bulb options a lot.

There is also a general restriction that to be legal such devices must be a factory option, but it's not likely that a law enforcement agent would be able to tell the difference unless it was an extremely unusual style for the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes here in canada where i live i come across many cars behind me and coming towards me that you would swear their high beams are on......but it's just super bright bulbs, very dangerous and i have never heard of any cops here giving tickets for this.....

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
yes here in canada where i live i come across many cars behind me and coming towards me that you would swear their high beams are on......but it's just super bright bulbs, very dangerous and i have never heard of any cops here giving tickets for this.....
What you don't hear is if they have problems with their safety inspections. Just because a bunch of idiots are getting away with it doesn't mean you'll never experience any grief.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What you don't hear is if they have problems with their safety inspections. Just because a bunch of idiots are getting away with it doesn't mean you'll never experience any grief.
I've never had neither heard of anyone having issue inspecting a vehicle with aftermarket head lamps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Click on my profile and read my recent posts.

DO NOT buy Opt7 led headlights if you care about a proper beam pattern.

Do your research HERE.

The way my opt7 lamp rests in the housing, the low beam rests where the halogen filament would be, two other sides of the bulb illuminate when high beam is switched on, otherwise the low beam responds almost identical to that of the factory lamps. the bulbs to watch out for I saw while on my search for bulbs, I noticed the install messed with the level of the housing so a quick adjustment was necessary but otherwise they're great

The lights of today have been designed to work in these particular housing because of the rising concern of blinding other drivers, aimed correctly and a high quality bulb designed properly will direct the light to match factory performance, online articles are not reliable, they're bought by those who're are trying to advocate them or have them illegal. For me the pros of night time driving benefits out way the cons of potential performance risks (they're not factory so they may not be as reliable)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts