Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some months back I installed a brand new hid kit in my car, I know not everyone is a big fan, but I have a really hard time seeing at night, and these help, if anyone can recommend something better, I'd appreciate, but in reading some topics in here , I hear a lot about upgrading the wiring harness for the bulbs, I wanna upgrade it, cuz I've noticed the right side headlight is dimmer than the left side, so I found this harness, and I wanna know if it's any good, or if there's any other options other then tapping into the existing harness
https://www.tunersdepot.com/2011-ch...-duty-headlight-harnesses-h13-9008-84911.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Which HID kit did you buy? My HID kit came with a new harness to power the ballasts straight from the battery. The OEM harness is only used to sense when the lights are turned on.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
The only reason why most people aren't fans of HID installs is because people don't do it properly. You can't install the HIDs into the stock reflector housing or it will blind other drivers. So long as you've put it into something like a projector housing and angled it properly, you'll be fine. As for the wiring harness, I'm sure someone else will be able to provide their input and experience for that.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, another problem that was never a problem before, recall jumping from my 37 Olds with bulbs to my 41 Chevy with seal beams, what a difference. Or getting into my 82 P-30 with that four sealed beam system. Get into my 2012 Cruze, where's the road.

With this, added Xtra Visions, 30% brighter than stock and fog lamps to feel in the gaps, particularly on the side of the road. Still not even close to that four head lamps system, but get buy with it. Really don't like vehicles with HID's, maybe good for the guy behind the wheel. but sure blinding for oncoming traffic guys.

Besides they don't draw pure DC like a standard incandescent bulb does, a series of high peak currents, average voltage is low, but those peak currents sure aren't. Also not legal in many states, if are in yours, have to stay in your state.

Switching from glass to plastic was not a good idea, nor a sealed beam, can get moisture inside these housings, and will if your HID's are not providing an air tight seal, than that plastic fogs up with age, and cost an arm an a leg replace. Can be polished, but not if a rock hits it, and sure doesn't cost five bucks to replace like what a sealed beam cost.

Could buy some 14-16 AWG auto wire and just parallel what you have, and splice as close to the fuse relay box and head lzmp socket as close as possible.

Could also pray because you blinded someone, they don't hit you head on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't really had much luck with bulbs in he past, so I've stuck to hids, but if you all have suggestions on bulbs, id appreciate it, something white cuz i do have trouble seeing at night

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Another problem I had with my new Cruze, the head lamps were pointed at the floor. Too much screwing around with dealers, use that 25' graph method to adjust them myself, only took me a couple of minutes and only have a vertical adjustment.

Also lies with the likes of Sylvania and even Phillips with those 40 some odd buck a pair that promise a 100% increase of brightness, 30% is more like it and lucky to get six months life out of these. And still a 65 watt bulb.

Sylvania XtraVision's were okay at eleven bucks a pair, and last for years and are 30% brighter. Also seem to get good service at my gas station, that guy that fills my tank isn't standing there, also cleans my windshield and head lamps, plus checks all of my fluids.

Come to think of it, that guy is me. This same guy thinks bulbs are stupid, have two mediums for that light to pass through with more than double of the reflection sending that light back. But getting accustomed to this, because just about everything else is stupid.

Could hire a guy to swing a kerosene lamp walking in front of you, this is what they use to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts