Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some led lights that I would like to install under the dash, but I want to hook them up so that they come on with the automatic headlights. In addition, i dont want them to shut off when i turn on my high beams. Anyone know how I should do this? Or what wire to splice into. Or is there a fuse where i can use an addacircuit?

I have a 2014 cruze 2LT RS, automatic transmission

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,099 Posts
I have some led lights that I would like to install under the dash, but I want to hook them up so that they come on with the automatic headlights. In addition, i dont want them to shut off when i turn on my high beams. Anyone know how I should do this? Or what wire to splice into. Or is there a fuse where i can use an addacircuit?
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

You should introduce yourself here first. Second, if you are/were military, also post here if you want to share that: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/6-new-cruzetalk-start-here/12856-military-veterans-post-here.html.
You need to read this: CruzeTalk Forum Guidelines and Rules

As to your question, I do not know, but what I can say is be careful just tapping into wires without taking into account the amount of amp draw increase you will cause as the control modules can be finicky and start throwing codes. It is not the same as the old days when all you had to worry about was the wire and fuse sizes.

Also to help others help you, we need some basic information, such as:

1. Year, trim level, and transmission.
2. Miles on the car!!!
3. Check engine light, airbag, or other warning light on or "Service [insert system here]" message showing? Has somebody told you the code if the check engine light is on?
4. Approximate location of the issue.
5. As detailed a description of the problem as you can give. Something like "My 2012 Cruze Eco manual transmission with 50k miles on it is making a grinding noise from around the brake pedal at 12 mph every time I start the car, and doesn't do it again until I start the car again" is enough to let us get started. (Hint: I described the ABS self-check, and that check is normal for every Cruze on startup)
[thanks @sciphi]

Also there is a search function on the right column near the top. Try searching LED cabin lighting or other variations as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts