Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes my headlights flicker while driving. I can't get it to happen while stopped. It doesn't do it every time I drive with them on. Sometimes it will do it once during my 30 minute highway drive to work, and sometimes it does it almost the entire trip. I started watching my battery voltage. During my drives to work it stays around 15.1, except when they flicker. While the headlights are flickering the battery voltage drops to around 14 but fluctuates between 13.2 to 14.5. Then it goes back up to around 15 and the headlights are fine.
Is this an issue with the voltage regulator, alternator, battery, or something else?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
It's a 2012. I've only had it 6 months. The battery is pretty new but I think the previous owner put one in that doesn't go with a Cruze because it's smaller than the battery tray.

How do you tell if the TSB has been done?
Several options:

1) Stop by a local dealership and have them check your VIN.
2) Go to MY.GM.COM, set up a new account using your VIN and check under Warranties.
3) Check the paper part# tag on the negative battery cable for MFG Date, if it’s 2011/2012 then it’s probably the original factory cable.

Might be a good idea to start with the negative battery cable, especially since it’s a covered item.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several options:

1) Stop by a local dealership and have them check your VIN.
2) Go to MY.GM.COM, set up a new account using your VIN and check under Warranties.
3) Check the paper part# tag on the negative battery cable for MFG Date, if it’s 2011/2012 then it’s probably the original factory cable.

Might be a good idea to start with the negative battery cable, especially since it’s a covered item.
The paper on the cable says 2016. So I assume it must not be the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts