Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2016 Cruze and my headlights and rear backup lights are fogging up. The dealer gave me a letter from GM that this is normal. I do not think so. I called GM and complained and I am having headlights ad backup lights replaced right now. Also the alternator was making a whining noise so it gets replaced also. In 10 days of ownership I am the second time in a service dept. To make things worse the new alternator installed failed so the car is still at them to install the 3-rd alternator. The wheels needed alignment the water was getting in the trunk to the tune of 2 inches.
Does anybody had so much trouble in the first week?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They told me yes. The found the water coming in at the spoiler on the trunk lid. After they sealed it I do not see any water. I checked the battery compartment and saw no water.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The light housings on the Gen 2 are vented; this is normal. Condensation will burn off when the lights are used.

Water in trunk...was the upper brake light recall performed?
Gen1 lights are the same. Check the vent in the back and clean it up and for me at least that seems to help vent the moisture. My vents were pretty dirty and a little gummy probably because I live in a high humidity climate.

I don't think any manufacturer headlights are totally sealed and they all have vents and when the weather is like 100% humidty and raining along with the same same dew point they will fog up a little but turning the lights on should burn the fog off and should not effect your lights and their brightness and/or function.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just brief update to my problems. The new alternator came in damaged so they kept my car for 8 days and then they told me that a new alternator will be available some time in March. They reinstalled the original alternator for now. Also water is still getting in the trunk. New headlights and backup lights were installed. Out of two weeks of ownership spent one at the service department.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought a new 2016 Cruze and my headlights and rear backup lights are fogging up. The dealer gave me a letter from GM that this is normal. I do not think so. I called GM and complained and I am having headlights ad backup lights replaced right now. Also the alternator was making a whining noise so it gets replaced also. In 10 days of ownership I am the second time in a service dept. To make things worse the new alternator installed failed so the car is still at them to install the 3-rd alternator. The wheels needed alignment the water was getting in the trunk to the tune of 2 inches.
Does anybody had so much trouble in the first week?
After all the trouble my alternator got finally replaced and the noise is still there. Looks like they have not a clue what is going on. This is my first american made car and the last.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh well my headlights were replaced abouth a month ago and till yesterday they did not fog up. Yesterday was a perfect sunny day and 29F and by the time I arrived home they were fogged again. Before somebody is going to tell me it is normal I think 90% of the cars have non sealed lights and guess what they do not fog up. I am watching in parking lots and I do not see one single car that has fogged lights. I think "normal" would be if 70% of all cars would have fogged lights . In this case "normal" means bad design and that is why a big majority of Cruzes have this problem. I wonder if I would of paid cash with bills with fogged printing on them and then tell Chevy is is "normal" what would happen.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Why are you so pissed off at everyone? You must be a blast at parties.

You have a new car with some things you don't like. First, the noise under the hood is normal. Seriously. Quit trying to get new alternators, because that's not the problem.

Post a picture of these foggy headlights, because mine does it too. When I turn on the headlights, it roasts it off. Perfectly sunny, 29F, that's perfect condition for condensation. Do me a favor, go turn your shower on scalding hot. Leave the bathroom door open. Watch your outer windows near your bathroom fog up. It's cold outside, warm inside, condensation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why are you so pissed off at everyone? You must be a blast at parties.

You have a new car with some things you don't like. First, the noise under the hood is normal. Seriously. Quit trying to get new alternators, because that's not the problem.

Post a picture of these foggy headlights, because mine does it too. When I turn on the headlights, it roasts it off. Perfectly sunny, 29F, that's perfect condition for condensation. Do me a favor, go turn your shower on scalding hot. Leave the bathroom door open. Watch your outer windows near your bathroom fog up. It's cold outside, warm inside, condensation.
Just take a chill pill and put it under your tongue until I take the shower you suggested.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
It rained here the other day ahead of a cold front moving in.

Physics happened, and then condensation formed on my 2016 Cruzes lights. I drove to the grocery store 5 mins down the road, and it was gone.

Science. ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It rained here the other day ahead of a cold front moving in.

Physics happened, and then condensation formed on my 2016 Cruzes lights. I drove to the grocery store 5 mins down the road, and it was gone.

Science. 
Science is a beautiful thing specially when used to design headlights. Just out of curiosity how many other cars have you seen with fogged lights at the store or even ever before?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.