Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 2011 LTZ w/nav and I am wondering if there is a manufacturer out there that makes a headrest monitor that I can either install in my current headrests or come pre-installed in headrests that will match the factory black leather AND can be used with the factory nav/dvd player that comes stock in the car. I want to be able to play a movie for my son in the back seat and have the audio play through the cars stereo and have control of what he is watching with the factory head unit.

Any ideas?

· Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
The stock DVD/NAV will not engage when the car is in any gear, and if I'm not mistaken, there are no outputs on the stock unit either. You are better off buying a new system and selling your stock one in the classifieds on CruzeTalk.

· Registered
18 Posts
i have 4 headrest monitors in my crude (2 for the people driving behind me) i bought them at best buy but they are the chameleon series. i had them installed at best buy and they work fine but theres no way to tie that into the nav dvd player. but the leather is identical minus the white stitching. if you reallllllly wanted to you could redo the stitching in white but it matches the leather so well that you can't tell. if you guys want ill post some pics :)

· Registered
18 Posts
those are just 2 quick ones i installed the 2 in the driver and passenger seat my buddy at best buy wired it all and did the ones in the back (hater vision) but they look nice and are currently off bc its winter here in syracuse lol but i thin they will be going back on soon :)

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
This might be a stupid question but I was able to take off my rear headreast with the two little buttons but I vant find that same setup with the front ones it only has one that I see im interested in the two front ones I have taken my back two off I like it without can anyone help

Sent from my R800x using AutoGuide.com App

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
This might be a stupid question but I was able to take off my rear headreast with the two little buttons but I vant find that same setup with the front ones it only has one that I see im interested in the two front ones I have taken my back two off I like it without can anyone help

Sent from my R800x using AutoGuide.com App

H3LLON3ARTH,
The front seat outboard head restraints are not designed to be removed. With head restraints that are not installed and adjusted properly, there is a greater chance that occupants will suffer a neck/ spinal injury in a crash. It is not recommended that you drive without the front and rear head restraints. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.