Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking around on Amazon and found some OBDII "PnP" heads up displays I thought were interesting. So I figured I'd see what the CruzeTalk community thought of them! I was originally searching for a ScanGauge, but some of these came up as alternatives (see link below).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...rd_wg=JJgdL&psc=1&refRID=K6RCGSJ7ZA4MN242XE3T

Personally, I think they are pretty cool! But then again, I always wanted to be a pilot....

Edit: Still going to get a Scangauge II.....eventually.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not bad for $50. What's with the $82 window film that's needed for it to be seen properly.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad for $50. What's with the $82 window film that's needed for it to be seen properly.
I have no idea. I was more or less looking for thoughts on HUDs in general. The link was just an example.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
My father has a HUD in his XTS. He says that it's his favourite feature of that car.

Reactions: BrandoFisher117

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I know the factory HUD systems have a special windshield for it to reflect off of. I wonder how good the film works on a non hud windshield.

Reactions: BrandoFisher117

·
2,254 Posts
The window film is about a 6x6 clear sheet that is placed almost within your line of sight. Granted it's clear, it's still visible. If you are a person who struggles with a bug on the windshield then don't even bother getting it.

If you use the HUD without the window film, it causes a double reflection of the numbers on the windshield. The film eliminates that.

I wouldn't bother with this, especially if the car wasn't designed to have a HUD.

Spend the money getting a cool boost gauge/other guages and pillar pod for your Cruze! That's what I'm doing! Haha

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like the idea of it. my dad's Buick had one years ago i thought it was pretty cool but I still found myself looking down at the cluster when i drove it.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
2,170 Posts
My mother's '08 Grand Prix GXP had HUD and I loved it.

I loved that 5.3L V8 more though..... I miss that car. :(

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I like the idea, but I don't care for the information that unit displays. Now, make it so it can put the Torque app as a HUD....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts