Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this? I can live without the cooling effect but my coffee cools down way too fast. Is there one from another car i can instal on the cruze that will work?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Buy a corvette... the cup holders and center console got immense amounts of heat from the transfer case. They have $400+ mods to make poor attempt at keeping the heat out but none of them are very effective. My cell phone set off numerous heat warnings messages when sitting in there on a warm day

·
Registered
136 Posts
Find a new coffee place that puts your coffee in Styrofoam cups instead of the paper ones. It makes a huge difference. I'm not sure which you use but I know most Dunkin Donuts use styo so there is that for you.....

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Basically, I'm going to buy a peltier diode, add a heat sink and fans, and a current selector so I can go from cool to off to heat. I'm going to pull apart the center console this weekend hopefully and have a more solid plan of attack.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Find a new coffee place that puts your coffee in Styrofoam cups instead of the paper ones. It makes a huge difference. I'm not sure which you use but I know most Dunkin Donuts use styo so there is that for you.....
That is what I do now but I drive a tad over an hour to work and I'm not able to drink while I'm swerving thru Chicago traffic. By the time I get to the yard I work in it's just barely warm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just throwing this out there but surely there is some place near where you work that makes coffee????

It's just a thought.... I mean, I know it costs less to make at home and then drive in to work but it seems to me you are going to spend the money on modding your car, or you could spend it on buying coffee at a local convenience store right???

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just throwing this out there but surely there is some place near where you work that makes coffee????

It's just a thought.... I mean, I know it costs less to make at home and then drive in to work but it seems to me you are going to spend the money on modding your car, or you could spend it on buying coffee at a local convenience store right???
I work in a 12 acre lot. No building. Just semi trailers with parts in them and a little over 1,000 units I have to repair each year. In all reality I can plug one into the generator though I guess. Only problem with that is when it is pouring down rain or snowing it's going to be watery LOL

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I work in a 12 acre lot. No building. Just semi trailers with parts in them and a little over 1,000 units I have to repair each year. In all reality I can plug one into the generator though I guess. Only problem with that is when it is pouring down rain or snowing it's going to be watery LOL
What do you do for a living? Sounds fun.

Let us know how the project goes. And if you don't burn the coffee cup down to a crisp lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I work on semi tractors and trailers. It's me and one other guy that has about 9 months to repair a little over 1,000 units that we loan out to UPS for the christmas rush every year. It's just a 12 acre lot near the a yard. Big muddy hot abyss. I enjoy doing it. Very steady work. Enjoyable.

As of right now I haven't done anything yet. I ordered the pieces and have been enjoying this beautiful weather with frequent trips to the golf course.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys gotta have a tool shed or something man?????? I've never known a diesel mech that did not have a coffee pot wired up somewhere... :1poke:
Tool shed = broken semi trailer full of parts and another one full of tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.