Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve managed to get power leather seats from a 2013 ltz to put in my 2015 lt. The powered part works fine but I’ve read somewhere that the seat heaters won’t work with the ltz console controls due to different programming in the computer. I was wondering the best way to go about this and get the computer reprogrammed or just run a switch from the seats itself? If anyone has any info that’d be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
4,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You could try buying a used LTZ control unit from eBay. I put heated seats in my old Cobalt that way. Although the Cruze might be different than it's predecessor.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,667 Posts
All you need to do is run fused power and a ground to the seat and find a switch that you like to mount in the side of the seat. I will look and see, someone here has already done this. Might be @carbon02

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I did aftermarket Dorman heated seats with constant 12V from the instrument cluster. From what I've read the factory heated seats elements may need to be pulsed 12V vs. constant 12V to operate.

The factory heated seats system does have a module incorporated in it. Constant 12V power may cause the element to burn out. I'd try it if you have nothing to loose. Otherwise you would have to power the heated seat module in addition to some type of switch.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,667 Posts
I did aftermarket Dorman heated seats with constant 12V from the instrument cluster. From what I've read the factory heated seats elements may need to be pulsed 12V vs. constant 12V to operate.

The factory heated seats system does have a module incorporated in it. Constant 12V power may cause the element to burn out. I'd try it if you have nothing to loose. Otherwise you would have to power the heated seat module in addition to some type of switch.
Do you know where the module is located? I have factory heated seats installed, but not connected. If it is doable, I may try later this coming year.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I thought it was under the drivers side seat.. However when I looked at this, the wires from the connector terminal in the floorpan of the car do not have the wires required up to the control switches that are part of the HVAC system controller.

There' another controller for the Airbags under the passenger seat.. The airbag connectors are yellow, I think I have my seat locations correct, but you may want to check.

I was discussing this with an electrical engineer in the office, and he mentioned that the factory system is probably pulsing the heating element at various frequency rates, vs. constant power. I believe running battery +12V to the heated elements without factory control might burn up the factory heating pads. This is done for electrical efficiency and control of the resistive heating element.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts