Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the internet and could not find anyone with same issue as me. I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS with a Pioneer 4100NEX aftermarket radio installed. I have GMOS-044 installed to retain OnStar functions. The heated seats will not turn on. The only way to get heated seats to work is to reinstall factory radio or to disconnect battery for 15 minutes or so. After disconnecting battery the heated seats will work for maybe a day or so but stop working. If I go back to factory radio they will work with no problem. I really want to keep aftermarket radio with heated seat function.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's a weird one. My guess is that the car's computer system isn't happy about the GMOS-044 or something else being introduced on the computer bus. I wouldn't think the absence of the radio would affect it like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....really weird. Maybe a faulty gmos-044. Or there is a gmos-045 out as well for vehicles with color screens. I might try that instead.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It sounds like there might be an issue with the wiring somewhere. Take the 044 out, and triple check polarities and be sure that everything is properly insulated. Something might be grounding out or jumping polarity, and causing some weird signals to be sent to the computer.

Let us know what you find,
Ben

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Look at any connectors that might have gotten moved. I thinking it's a connection that came apart in all the work done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I figured it out. According to manual for GMOS-044 it wants you to ground unit to the radio chassis. I removed from radio chassis and spliced into negative (black wire in vehicle harness). Disconnected battery for about 10 min and reconnected. It is Friday today and heated seats have been working since Monday. This is the longest that they have worked with aftermarket radio. I also removed parking brake bypass from system. I don't really think that would cause issue with seats. I think the issue was with ground.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think I figured it out. According to manual for GMOS-044 it wants you to ground unit to the radio chassis. I removed from radio chassis and spliced into negative (black wire in vehicle harness). Disconnected battery for about 10 min and reconnected. It is Friday today and heated seats have been working since Monday. This is the longest that they have worked with aftermarket radio. I also removed parking brake bypass from system. I don't really think that would cause issue with seats. I think the issue was with ground.
Do you have the Mylink radio and with or without the Pioneer system?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think I figured it out. According to manual for GMOS-044 it wants you to ground unit to the radio chassis. I removed from radio chassis and spliced into negative (black wire in vehicle harness). Disconnected battery for about 10 min and reconnected. It is Friday today and heated seats have been working since Monday.
I can't argue with success, but it's not making much sense to me. Are you finding noise in the radio that wasn't there before moving the ground?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I figured it out. According to manual for GMOS-044 it wants you to ground unit to the radio chassis. I removed from radio chassis and spliced into negative (black wire in vehicle harness). Disconnected battery for about 10 min and reconnected. It is Friday today and heated seats have been working since Monday.
I can't argue with success, but it's not making much sense to me. Are you finding noise in the radio that wasn't there before moving the ground?
Everything sounds good through radio. Not hearing anything that I shouldn't be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.