Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone else had an issue with this. Even on days when it's just a couple of degrees below 0C I am getting frost on the inside front window. Heavy enuf I have to scrap it. It was never a problem with my sonic,but this is a problem. I have remote start, and with the sonic it was necessary if it got cold and I had frost on the outside, with this car it's a necessity even without frost on the outside. Also my doors are freezing shut all the time, and running remote start is not warming up the car enuf to open them. I have to use heavy contractor bags over the doors windows and wrap them around the exterior door handles if I want to be able to get in. The dealership said the wet mats on the floors are the problem..i have rubber mats for the winter and obviously they are going to get wet with snow..i DO live in Canada..this also was never a problem with my sonic..

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You can find details in other threads. Basically, the problem is any water that gets into the car stays there and causes problems. You can find some tips in some threads like this one.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Your dealership is correct. When you get snow in the Cruze you need to pick up as much as possible and toss it out before it melts. Also keep the grill area below the windshield wipers clear of snow and ice, particularly on the driver's side of the car. This is the main air intake for the car and it will suck in debris and water, raising the humidity inside the car.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Must be a lot of water on the floor?!

Something doesn't seem right. I have had the windows frost more in real cold weather when the floor mats are wet, but nothing like what you are describing. Usually doors are fine unless it rained then froze overnight or the car was washed in cold weather.

Is the HVAC fan operating at full speed? Defrost mode on? Getting heat from the vents?
I usually run on floor/defrost in the winter and no issues.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just leave all the doors open or at least the windows down for 3 or 4 days with the car parked in a sunny location. Take out the floor mats and lay them across the windshield too.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
I had just finished reading this post earlier in the week and decided to keep track. My interior was dry with the minor exception of my breath. It was freezing and then the thaw came for a short period so the windshield had frozen rain on it. It really thawed out the next day and refroze the following day (yesterday). I know that sounds convoluted, but what I think happened is that the original frozen windshield thawed and dripped inside the hood - cowl etc. I parked it that evening with a dry windshield, and it was somewhat warm, but remembering the condensate is probably still in the cowl and some probably dripped in through the air vent, being warm, the water vapor probably rose and fogged the windows and then the temp dropped like a rock and froze to the window on the inside. This is the third time now this has happened and it seems to coincide with warm wet periods prior to freezing periods.

clear as mud right??

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
This was my windshield today. It is frosty, but improved once I turned it to full defrost and full fan.
It was also -30F/-35C at this time. No issues still with the doors though.

frosty windsheild.jpg

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My 2018 Cruze is the absolute worst care I've ever owned for windscreen fogging. It's terrible. It fogs up far easier than any prior car I've owned. I wouldn't call it a deal-breaker but it's definitely not something that is acceptable for a modern car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts