Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Chevy cruze limited LT rs edition I have this crazy scent blowing through my vents friend who ride in my car explain it smells like sewer noticed smoke coming from passenger side of car only occurs at slow speeds I really need help on this one never smelt like this before not that bad, it's a good driving vehicle but these oil problems gotta go need all advice I can get

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,236 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Generally when you have visible smoke, it's either a leaking fluid that's dripping on to a hot surface or a leak in the exhaust somewhere (turbo, piping, catalytic convertors, ect.)

The smell could be several things: leaking fluids, exhaust, a nasty cabin air filter, ect....

@Blasirl has a list of some threads about smells, which I can't seem to find.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Does the smell go away over time or is it always there?

If it's always there, you could have an issue with the heater core leaking and you are smelling coolant.

If it goes away with time, sometimes after your car has been sitting in the hot sun it's possible for there to be a slight odor.

I had a similar smell as yours on mine this summer for the first few warm days. What I did was pull off the trim above the cabin intake filter (by the front window on the passenger side of engine bay) and spray some de-deodorizer in the cabin intake while running the vent full blast. Haven't had an issue since.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,216 Posts
Catalytic converter is gone maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts