Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Heavy white smoke

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dtuerk 
#1 ·
Hi guys new to this group. Just installes a new turbo for my brother in law on his 2013 cruze. They never changed oil for 4 years needless to say the oil feed to the turbo was clogged. I dropped pan and valvecover and cleaned out all the sludge and at first startup it ran perfect. Now with about 1 hour of run time. I have p0496 code and heavy white smoke. I pulled turbo off to see if seals went out in it and i had lots of oill coming out exhaust ports. Any ideas on how this oil is pushing out the exhaust? Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
P0496 is an evap code. I wouldn't think that it would be related to your white smoke.. Is the smoke white or light blue?

As far as oil out the exhaust ports go, the rings may have stuck and it's pushing oil past the pistons. There's no telling what you'll run into when working on a sludge bomb. It'll probably start knocking next as you've disturbed the sludge and a lot of it will end up in the oil pick up tube screen.

#4 ·
Sorry been awhile. I replace the intake manifold and the valve cover and finally smoke went away. Now went for test ride and it is getting multiple cylinder misfire. Pulled coilpack and everything is making good contact. Also as soon as pulled into garage it wont idle right now its missing at idle. Im ofiically lost. I dont want to throw parts at it without knowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.