Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the vast sea of aftermarket Benz and Audi copycat LED strip daytime running lights, I grew tired of the look and was on a mission to find something unique and something that looked like it was from the factory. I also wanted to make sure that the lamps were of good quality; that includes performance. Some stuff coming from China and Korea are good but a lot is bad so its a gamble.

I decided that I'd prefer to use the fog light location and pair them with the GM Korea covers. So that meant sourcing a 90mm round LED lamp. After countless hours of finding the right one, I stumbled upon this Hella LED lamp. Its original equipment for the Skoda Fabia VRS.

Here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would love to see what it looked like lit up.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you can tell they are a not a direct fit which leaves me with the task of figuring out the best method to properly mount them. Either open the stock fogs and retrofit them inside or use the original Hella slanted lense and do some trimming to the fog cover chrome bezel. And THEN figure out how to mount them to the Cruze fog bracket.

Hopefully I'll start this week and I'll keep this thread updated with my progress.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Would like too see how you remove the headlamp drls and switch it to the fogs I've wanted to do this but I don't think it will work properly I'm from Canada so the headlights are always on, and I would like to switch them to the fogs instead of the headlamps

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would like too see how you remove the headlamp drls and switch it to the fogs I've wanted to do this but I don't think it will work properly I'm from Canada so the headlights are always on, and I would like to switch them to the fogs instead of the headlamps
Plan is to remove the spring from the dash switch to disable the auto lights. A drl relay kit will be wired in so that these lamps will turn on when ignition is on and dim by 50% when low beam is on.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it only took one year to finish this retro LOL. Believe it or not I was hung up on a cosmetic aspect to which I finally just said screw it. Can't even see it on the car.

My phone cam cannot properly capture the color or intensity of the lights. Overall I would say I am satisfied but there is something left to be desired. For me that is anyways. The horizontal spread of light is hindered because of how deep the bezel is on the fog cover and the 40 something degree angle it has. So if you aren't driving straight towards me it gives the impression that one is brighter than the other.

I also am having sporadic issues with the control box I purchased on ebay. The lights occasionally will turn off on their own after a few minutes and I don't know why. If it continues I will have to wire them straight to an ignition fuse and then add an in line switch so that I can shut them off at night.

Anyhoo... on to some pics. ..

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts