Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site. Literally just found it. The reason I am here is my wife purchased a new Cruze in 2012. There have been several issues with the car. Including heat issues, not warming up properly, iced up windows, leaky trans hoses, awful screeching sound when started up cold. The most frustrating one the cabin air smell which we are still dealing with. Some of these issues have been repaired under warranty and some have not been repaired (not without lack of trying by several dealers). We have accepted the fact that two different dealers have not been able to stop the screeching sound when started cold, and also the fact that the windows fog up and the car takes forever to get warm. The one we are having trouble accepting is the smell. It has been an issue for going on two years. Originally when the car was under warranty they said it was coolant smell and they replaced the water pump. Issue remained. Brought unit back to dealer and they replaced the cabin air filter...thanks. The smell remains. Now the car is off warranty (by 10000K) and they are telling me about a bulletin that involves grease in the vents or something. Great! It sounds like this could be a fix. Problem is they want us to open our wallets and pay for this 1300$ repair. Now GM has offered to pay a percentage but it still looking like 500+$ out of pocket. I am in shock that this is even an argument that they are charging us anything. The original issue was noted well inside the warranty window. The smell is only noticeable at all with the heat on (winter time) so maybe we were not as loud as we should have been in the summer, but still the car has had the issue for a long time. I guess I am here to vent a little, and if someone could please guide me to the grease bulletin it would be appreciated. We didn't put the grease in the vents why should we pay to get it out? To me this sounds like a known issue. I cant seem to find the bulletin to actually read it so forgive my ignorance. To top this all off my wife now refuses to drive her car and is now driving my truck to commute while I drive the car. I don't blame her, She is pregnant and does not know what she is breathing in. Some of you may be thinking pay the bill you cheap ******. I just want GM to stand behind their product and fix this car. Nice lady on the GM customer line said she understood what I was going through and having to pay only pay 500$ is a "good deal". I'm dealing with a pregnant wife that refuses to drive her car to work because she doesn't know what shes breathing in. I don't think the nice lady understands what I am going through, and I'm not asking for a "good deal". I'm asking them to fix our car. The saving grace is my wife doesn't believe we should be on the hook for any money either. Forgive me if this post is in the wrong spot or if I have broken any rules. Any advice or experience on this issue will be much appreciated. The good news is I have found some info on the foggy windows issue here. So I got that going for me, which is nice. Vent over. Thanks for reading, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT Turbo 111,000km

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
As long as you have the service tickets prior to the end of your B2B warranty with this complaint on it you should be able to get it fixed on GM's dime. Contact our Chevy Customer Care account via PM and see if they can assist in getting this done for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure the dealer has a record of the complaints. I think they are saying this is a different smell then the one they fixed by replacing the water pump. I don't know. The whole thing is just crazy to me. The smell has always been the same. Is there anyway to find this bulletin they are talking about online? My google foo is not very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I have very similar issues. I complaint about oil smells and they tell oh we spilled some when we changed the oil. I am on my 3 rd water pump replacement. Took car to 2 different dealers to have same issue fixed. the second dealer cannot seem to find where the first dealer worked on car under warranty. Now I have to have oil pan gasket replaced along with turbo and cam cover. This the 3 rd time in a year that the cam cover has to be replaced. They are replacing the water pump but still want me to fork out $2000.00 for the rest not mention a part for a duct unit that fell apart. I only smell the smell in the winter or cooler months as well. I do not blame your wife either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.