Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm interested in buying 2016 cruze 1.4 1st gen. It'll be a daily driver and so on. Anything to keep an eye on other than the pvc, thermostat on these engines. Coming from a BMW 335i with the N55 engine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome!
Spark plugs and coil pack are a frequent issue. The oem pack in mine rusted out and killed the plugs in the first 30k miles. Plenty of easy options in the aftermarket though.

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
Welcome I have a 2016 Limited RS. What type of 2016 Limited are you planning on buying? First thing I did when I got mine, but I had 55K on mine is pull the plugs and clean them(not replace as they ar @$8 ea. ) and the car ran like new. Also make sure you use 89 -93 octane with the turbo. Esp wiht warmer weather. It will make it run much better. 87 is OK but MPG takes a nosedive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome I have a 2016 Limited RS. What type of 2016 Limited are you planning on buying? First thing I did when I got mine, but I had 55K on mine is pull the plugs and clean them(not replace as they ar @$8 ea. ) and the car ran like new. Also make sure you use 89 -93 octane with the turbo. Esp wiht warmer weather. It will make it run much better. 87 is OK but MPG takes a nosedive.
I'm looking at an LT, and plan on running 91 octane. What kind of mileage do you get?

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
Good choice of cars and trims. As I said I am running 89 octane in both my 2016 RS and 2014 LT. The 2016 RS is my Daily and with all the hills and traffic in Cincinnati and the non highway driving I need to do and the speeds I will do at times, I am gettting a little less than 30 MPG combined. In my son's 14 LT we are getting a better than 30 MPG running 89 octane. Why I mention both cars, is mainly because of the trim. My 16 is an RS which is the sport trim and has lower gearing for driving like your old BMW and does OK on MPG but is not as good as you will get or my son gets with the plain LT trim. I would say given you plan on running 91 octane, you will be looking mid 30s on tht MPG. especially if you are mainly on the highway. As I just my wife, I envy you with just an LT vs and RS like I have. Sure I have the ground efffects and the handling but I don't need the speed and the my MPG is not as great as you will get. This is my 2nd RS and I should have learned the first time, but I was looking at the car(good condition and low price) and not thinking about all else. My first was a manual tranny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts