Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved a long way from work and am driving a lot more. I have always liked the Cruze. They look good and get great MPG.
Looking to possibly trade my Cobalt LNF SS Sedan for a Cruze. Probably an LT auto or RS auto. Basically I just want something automatic, turbo, and with remote start haha.
Would a thread in the "Other" section of the classifieds be the appropriate place to post this?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Welcome.

If you were looking for a highway commuter, an Eco MT or Cruze Diesel are the MPG champions for the 1st gen (40s-50 is quite common for both). For the 1st gen auto, expect mid-30's for mixed driving and upper 30's for highway driving (below 75).

If you'd be considering the 2nd gen, the 40+ MPG highway ratings with the autos seem to be fairly accurate in my experience with them. And then the new 1.6 TD has set some other-worldly highway MPG benchmarks (rated at 47-52 hwy depending on transmission; we've seen a member with a 6MT 1.6 hit 60 MPG with relative ease)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome.

If you were looking for a highway commuter, an Eco MT or Cruze Diesel are the MPG champions for the 1st gen. For the 1st gen auto, expect mid-30's for mixed driving and upper 30's for highway driving (below 75).

If you'd be considering the 2nd gen, the 40+ MPG highway ratings with the autos seem to be fairly accurate in my experience with them. And then the new 1.6 TD has set some other-worldly highway MPG benchmarks (rated at 47-52 hwy depending on transmission; we've seen a member with a 6MT 1.6 hit 60 MPG with relative ease)
60 mpg is crazy good.

·
2,254 Posts
The Cruze is a great car, but if your looking for speed similar to your SS do not get a first generation Cruze. The second generation is much faster.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,912 Posts
Even with the large increase in average fuel economy, I'm not sure I could trade the driving experience of an SS/TC Sedan (nearly a unicorn of a car) for a Cruze.

The Cruze is a great car - far nicer inside than the Cobalt could ever hope to be (except for the seats, of course) - but the SS/TC's power and handling are simply fantastic.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Ditto what JBlackburn said, Eco or Diesel. If you spend a lot of time on the open road, the diesel is worth a test drive and consideration. The gas Eco fuel economy numbers I've read here are also super impressive. Either way you can't go wrong for long distance commuting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.