Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, I had gotten rear ended and began the search for a new vehicle. I had not gotten any news back on my car for days, so I knew what the out come was. To be honest, I never thought i would end up In a Chevy Cruze, but after I test drove one out of all the cars I saw and drove that day, It was the best value in my eyes. The only things that are done to it thus far is a AEM cold air intake, and tinted, and I mean TINTED windows. I am looking to get a ZZP downpipe, delete the stock muffler and replace it with a more aggressive sounding one, and finally a BNR tune. I am happy to be here, as I frequently read though threads daily.

I do not know how many people read this, but would it be possible for someone who currently owns the handheld BNR tuning device that has tuned their cruze, to tune mine as well?
If so, anyone near Indianapolis IN, have the tune willing to do so? Message me please!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I am in the north Indy suburbs, welcome to the forum. Please share with everyone what Cruze you purchased?

Congrats on getting a Cruze.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the community!

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You can find a BNR dealer local that can pretty much do what you are trying to attempt with someone else's handheld.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IndyDiesel I am driving a 2014 1.4 LT with the 2LT package. So far I really enjoy it, but like every gear head, always trying to squeeze power out of it anyway I can.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Last summer two family members were rear ended within a week, one by a drunk other by a texter. No defense against this, one was blocked by road construction, other with vehicles in front of her. My son and I both had major battles with the culprits insurance companies, not trying to get rich, just trying to get back to where we were before these so-called accidents.

Seems like the government cleaned up with stiff fines, kind of leaves a bitter experience. Some insurance companies say you are 30% responsible for just being there. Do have a point, if you weren't there, would not get hit.

Just hope you don't run into this, did waste some time writing to my representative, our laws are in favor of insurance companies, not the people. Guess they have all the money to put them into office.

In previous accidents like this, was able to get a fair settlement in small claims court, if the value was less than $10,000, but was well over this amount. When I contacted them, since it was over $10,000.00 would have to hire an attorney for a civil law suit. But could only make the comment, this $10,000.00 limit has been effective for the last 40 years or so, didn't they ever hear of inflation?

By hiring an attorney, they will get 30% of the reward plus expenses, watch out for those expenses For injuries if covered by your health or auto insurance companies, they send a flock of attorneys to the hearing to get their money back, better off to handle this yourself and get the culprits insurance company to pay for these bills.

Sometimes I get into deep trouble by telling things the way they are, but this is how its done. Good luck in your settlement. Not even sure how no-fault state laws work, but sure know how this works with a divorce. If that spouse gambles or drinks and blows all the money you earned, and only a can of beans left, they get half of that can. No-fault?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I do not know how many people read this, but would it be possible for someone who currently owns the handheld BNR tuning device that has tuned their cruze, to tune mine as well?
If so, anyone near Indianapolis IN, have the tune willing to do so? Message me please!
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Make sure you buy the tune before you go there - wherever that is

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NickD Statefarm took all responsibility for the charges. This included my rental for two weeks, as well as the insurance for the vehicle as well. They also had about three different people contact me to make sure I was not injured in any way. Even followed up about a week later to see if there were any repercussions. I am all settled now, I actually received the check in the mail on accident, they were supposed to have somebody from we go look meet me, but sent the check as well since Scheduling got messed up.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Post some pics of your Cruze if you get a chance. I would like to see what that tint looks like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some pictures of the tint, I took one of inside the vehicle as well for refrence. Visibility is fine at night it doesn't bother me, but may bother others that aren't comfortable driving with a dark tint at night.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts