Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Avoid the confusion. I do by using my local Chevy dealer....$39.99 ...and they put in the correct oil and filter. Every 5000 miles.
For what it would cost me to buy the "correct" oil and filter....plus crawling around under the car.....the "savings" simply are not that much...if any.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
What mistakes? Chevy dealer. I would say these oil change places are more likely to mess up......
Dealers give people a false sense of security, I have had to have them fix my oil pan leak twice, took a week both times. The second time they somehow couldn't get the sealant. Terrible experience. For oil changes they usually use the new innexperienced techs, simple enough job for them and they make peanuts per hour. Up to you if you want to trust your ride to them I guess.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
I got 4 free oil changes when I bought the car new. After them over filling it every time I skipped the last one. They suck!
From the dealer I assume?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bad dealers: Good dealers. Sounds like you guys gotta come up here to Beautiful Downtown New Jersey to get a good oil change. :cool:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
What mistakes? Chevy dealer. I would say these oil change places are more likely to mess up......
Wrong oil, wrong quantity of oil, wrong filter. It's pretty common. Envision a mistake that can be made during an oil change....and it's been made. At a dealer, and at independent and chain shop

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,197 Posts
For $75 or so, I put in Amsoil Signature series with an Amsoil 15k filter and am coming up on 15k miles. I do not know what period your are changing your oil on, but I am saving a bundle.

A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled.
There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor
Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection
Faulty or stuck open PCV valve
Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)
Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!)
Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor
Read more at: OBD-II DTC: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

The causes for a P0403 EGR code could be any of the following:

Bad EGR solenoid
Excessive resistance in control circuit (PCM controlled ground) due to an open, chafing or damage to the harness Poor connection at the EGR solenoid harness (worn or loose pins)
Water intrusion at the EGR solenoid harness
Blockage in EGR control solenoid holding solenoid open or closed causing excessive resistance
Loss of supply voltage to EGR solenoid
Bad PCM
Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction

·
Registered
6 Posts
$11 Filter
$3 drain seal
$23 5 quarts of oil
Prices fluctuate, so I buy a few when they are cheap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saving money is always a good thing however I prefer to do it myself so that I know it was done correctly and with quality filters and oil.

It also gives me a chance to inspect under the car for others issues.

For the most part between 20 and 30 dollars. Mostly depends on finding deals on filters.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$37.50 PLUS SH&H.? OK. plus your labor.
My dealer does it for $39.95+tax.....plus tire rotation and "safety check" (however accurate that is).
You're happy...I'm happy.

But really....in my youth....what you did is exactly what I did. But now.......:confused:

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
You guys are overpaying for Amsoil, JC....
Yeah I really wanted to try it, but opted not to, just a bit too much. Sticking with Penzoil ultra plat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sister has a 2013 Cruze LT and I have a 2014 Cruze LT. We both had the issue of the car not starting correctly after filling it with gas. Some googling showed that we weren't the only ones and that replacing this part ( Amazon.com: ACDelco 55573017 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Purge Valve: Automotive ) fixed the issue. There are some like $10 cheaper, but we fixed these over a year ago and the ACDelco's have not had any issues with starting the engine after pumping gas since we replaced them.

I also had similar acceleration and coil pack issues, buuuut that was because I initially used unleaded gas when I bought my car which totally ruined the turbo and catalytic converter. Replacing the turbo and converter (and using strictly premium gas) fixed my issues, but I had different engine codes. I'm not sure if you're already using premium fuel, but I just wanted to throw out any information I have to see if it would help--ALWAYS use premium gas if you have the LT.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts