Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group! I have a 2012 Cruze Eco w/Remote Start. I live in the Charlotte, NC area. I bought the car used in late 2015 with about 42,000 miles on it. Love the car, but I think that the "gremlins" are starting to creep in. All has been great until the last couple of weeks. I have noticed that the Panic Alarm will go off by itself, when there is no indication of tampering...because I am sitting there staring at the car. If I unlock the car, it doesn't go off again.....as far as I know. The TPMS MIL has come on and remains on. Also, for no apparent reason, you can be driving down the road and the next thing you know....you get the DIC warning that the left rear door is open, which it is not. Do all these symptoms point to a common issue? I am pretty car savvy, so I would like to try and leave the dealer out of it. If in the future I need the dealer, I would at least like to know that we are both on the same page. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The exact same thing started happening to my Cobalt when the battery died. You may want to replace the battery or look into the loose negative terminal mentioned above. Once I replaced my Cobalt battery all the weird issues stopped. Modern cars are pretty computer heavy and computers don't respond well to low voltages. Keep us updated!

Reactions: obermd

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Make sure your battery is load tested and not static tested. Get the negative battery cable replaced first. Your car actually has a display you can use to check your battery health. The car has a variable output alternator which ranges from 12.3 to 14.8 volts. If your car never drops the voltage into the 13s this is a good indication the battery is starting to wear out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice to see another person in the Charlotte area. I'm in the Denver/Lincolnton area about 20 mins away from Charlotte. Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts