Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been browsing here for about a year now, so I figured it's about time to join the party.

I've got a 2012 Cruze Eco, 1.4 6mt.

I bought it in August 16' with ~89k miles. It currently (as of 7/16/17) has 124k. I've had a myriad of issues that would drive any normal person insane, but I still genuinely love the car. Seems like some are fairly common, like the transmission bearings making noises/shifter wiggling, hvac controls being iffy, thermostat failure, waterpump leak, intermittent service stabilitrak/trac control messages, interior wear, and a few other small things.

Honestly I'm not here to complain about it though. I drive almost 1000 miles a week, mostly 45-55mph back roads. Loving the mpg. My last car was an 08' Prius. Where the Prius managed about 47mpg, I am able to consistently achieve 50+mpg with the Cruze.

There's a bunch of things I'd like to do with the car (besides fixing some of the current issues), including the trifecta tune, upgraded clutch, some sort of audio upgrade, some different tail lights. The bank account will probably keep her mostly stock, though.

Anyways. Thanks for the awesome forum and I'm glad to officially be a part of it!

-Mike

Bellingham, MA

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi. I've been browsing here for about a year now, so I figured it's about time to join the party.

I've got a 2012 Cruze Eco, 1.4 6mt.

I bought it in August 16' with ~89k miles. It currently (as of 7/16/17) has 124k. I've had a myriad of issues that would drive any normal person insane, but I still genuinely love the car. Seems like some are fairly common, like the transmission bearings making noises/shifter wiggling, hvac controls being iffy, thermostat failure, waterpump leak, intermittent service stabilitrak/trac control messages, interior wear, and a few other small things.

Honestly I'm not here to complain about it though. I drive almost 1000 miles a week, mostly 45-55mph back roads. Loving the mpg. My last car was an 08' Prius. Where the Prius managed about 47mpg, I am able to consistently achieve 50+mpg with the Cruze.

There's a bunch of things I'd like to do with the car (besides fixing some of the current issues), including the trifecta tune, upgraded clutch, some sort of audio upgrade, some different tail lights. The bank account will probably keep her mostly stock, though.

Anyways. Thanks for the awesome forum and I'm glad to officially be a part of it!

-Mike

Bellingham, MA
Hey you're close to me, I'm in Rhode island but when I drive my cruze (as it is no longer a daily driver but a luxury driver) i find myself mostly in the attleborros all the way to huntington, I've had just one issue with the water pump overflow and a cracked overflow housing leading to a leak, 2011 ltz since '14, I only have 46k miles though! Anyway welcome to the forum TONS of great info and members here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
I spend a lot of time in Attleboro, my sister lives there. Just moved here from Maine, quite the change
Really? Most people I know go from here to Maine lol I have extended family in huntington, St Jonsbury VT, and the Vermont new Hampshire line all around, me and my wife try to drive the cruze up for visits monthly, I love westfield/huntington mass the most

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'll like this picture then! Keep in mind this is a 1.4 automatic Turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Coming from a Prius, I was pretty active in the 'PriusChat' forums. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with hypermiling, but this is my record the the Cruze. I don't show many people because most wouldn't believe it, but this was averaged over about 30 miles.

Speedometer Auto part Odometer Measuring instrument Display device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts