Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Cruzetalkers. I finally got my Cruze last week: it's a 2014 LTZ in Bluray Metallic. It was tough finding a 2014 in that particular trim and color, AND getting it used. But I finally found one that came off a rental fleet, and that shaved about $6,500 off the list price. However, I had to drive 2,000 miles to get it.:idiot:

emery_cruze.jpg

It was a long drive from Columbia, IL back to Portland, but the Cruze performed flawlessly, and I managed to drive overnight through Utah without hitting a deer, which was my greatest worry throughout the drive. The 3 free months of XM radio was nice, but honestly I haven't listened to Ozzy's Boneyard or Oprah radio since getting back into town.:) The nice thing about this Cruze was that the dealer certified it, so I actually get a full warranty that's longer than what you get with a new one.

As for mods, I've ordered the VR sharkfin antenna, and the Kicker Powerstage stereo upgrade. I'll post about my experience with those once I install them. The only remaining mod I'd like to make is OEM mud flaps. I understand they don't make them for the RS models, but I don't really want aftermarket ones either. I might get the OEM flaps and see if there is any way to modify them to fit onto the Cruze.

I've been a lurker here for over a year as I researched and saved my pennies to buy this Cruze. This forum has been a great resource, and I'd like to thank everyone for all the helpful info. I hope I can add some helpful tips as well, now that I have a Cruze too.

-Emery

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Trevor.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Welcome and thanks for poking your head in! Love adding new members so we can all share in this great car!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts