Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a new to me 2014 LT with My link, 1.4L turbo, 6pd Auto, about a month or so ago with 102000km. When I got the car home I started by pulling the speakers out of the doors. The previous owner had an aftermarket amp or stereo in the car and put back off brand speakers in the doors with just a twisted wire around the post. Looks like they were in a hurry or just didn't care when they were putting it back to stock configuration. The wiring harness in the drivers kick panel is where the speaker wires are that has been cut up and re spliced with but connectors. I replaced all the speakers with some middle of the road Alpines. Soldered all the connections up and have been very happy wit that fix. Just needs a small sub now to round it out. When I install the sub i will use a line out converter and remove the but connectors from the wire harness and solder that all up with shrink tube to finish it off and keep corrosion to a minimum.

I work at a Volvo/Mack dealership as a partsman. I have always done almost all the work on my cars and trucks. I have a 93 Mercedes 190e Sportline that is my fun to drive car with collector plates. I have 330,000 km on it. I compare everything to this car as my bench mark. I also have a 2001 F150 with the not so awesome 5.4l.

I bought the cruze to save money on gas as I live where the gas prices are the highest in North America. We pay ~1.75/L for mid grade gas. I am getting about 8.6l/100km or about 27mpg. I drive freeway for most of my 20 minute commute. So far the car has cut my fuel bill in half. I am currently chasing a ghost issue with the turbo and what seems to be a wastegate issue. Once I figure this out I will post information on here.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new (to you) fuel-saving Cruze, bought mine for the same reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts