Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Jay. As the title read, I will have had my '12 LS for one month this Thursday. I haven't decided on a name, but I know she's a woman haha.

She is Ice Blue Metallic with lame shiny wheel covers(I desire 1LT wheels), all cloth, black/grey/silver on the inside.

I love the manual trans. Shifts smooth with GREAT clutch feeling. I absolutely love seeing 42+ mpg on the highway, around 19-26 city, depending upon speed/hills/etc. She's an improvement over my '05 Chrysler Town & Country, which I traded for her.

I will be putting in my head unit, amp and subs as soon as I test some theories about this horrible factory stereo. Kinda irked, GM. Kinda. Irked.

Pics in my Garage link, more and plans coming soon.

Have a good day, everyone!

--Posted from My Lab In Space, Android 5.1.1--

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I've read so many great topics here. Tons of great info, one Search box away! Hehe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, chevrasaki! I can't get over the fuel mileage! I can go ~ 1 1/2 weeks on a tank! If I keep my foot out of it, that is! Haha.

Cheers! I'm about to go take my dash apart and test if everything(minus OnStar & chimes, which can both go away) works with the factory radio & screen completely unplugged. I haven't found much info on this topic. It's part of my wild plan to give GM the middle finger lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks to all!

Suspicions confirmed! I unplugged the factory radio & infotainment screen. All interior/exterior lights remain functioning, as well as all functions of my key fob. The car didn't wig out when I started it without the radio.

SO. I plan to use inline splicers to splice my Kenwood's harness into the speaker and +12v wires of the factory harness, right where it plugged into the original radio. I will get my Ignition lead from either the cig lighter OR buy an add-a-circuit. The add-a-circuit would make it easier to run both the Amp Remote and Head Unit turn on.

Ordering the dash kit and away we go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts