Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Hello. New member with problems

1824 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  brian v
Bought a used 2011 Cruze LT 1.4 a few years ago and have had nothing but problems. The newest problem is it sounds like I'm flying an airplane. The further I drive it the louder it gets. Vibration in floor and pedals, check engine light on and a small oil leak from turbo area. Turbo was replaced in February of this year. Anyone have any ideas ? I really can't afford another repair.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
Bought a used 2011 Cruze LT 1.4 a few years ago and have had nothing but problems.
The 2011 was the first model year for the Cruze in the US. It's had more than it's share of problems getting settled in.

The newest problem is it sounds like I'm flying an airplane. The further I drive it the louder it gets. Vibration in floor and pedals,
What kind of vibration? Which direction is it going? The mental picture I'm getting suggests a problem with the tires causing the car to "wobble". You could check your tires. Pat the tread all around the tire. Once you're sure there's no steel belt sticking out, you can run you hand over the tread to make sure it's smooth. If you find a lump, that's likely your problem. If nothing is found, move the car enough to rotate the tires 180 degrees and repeat.

check engine light
Some auto parts places will pull the codes for you for free. We'd need the codes to know what's going on.

on and a small oil leak from turbo area.
There's a number of possibilities. The oil feed tube might leak where it's connected. Or it might be something else. I don't think it's your big problem at the moment. Just make sure the oil level is kept up and you do your oil changes.

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
Yes, a new turbo leaking should go back to whoever replaced it (unless you don't trust them and are willing to pay someone else).

I'm guessing the Power Train warranty might be up? That would cover the turbo, but I don't know as it would cover the wheel bearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.