Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Hello. New member with problems

1820 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  brian v
Bought a used 2011 Cruze LT 1.4 a few years ago and have had nothing but problems. The newest problem is it sounds like I'm flying an airplane. The further I drive it the louder it gets. Vibration in floor and pedals, check engine light on and a small oil leak from turbo area. Turbo was replaced in February of this year. Anyone have any ideas ? I really can't afford another repair.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with the wheel bearing source, but I'd like to throw out one other possible culprit. With 104K on the clock, when was the last brake pad service done? The noise may be a disk pad dragging due to the caliper slides being dirty/corroded. Might not show up until the brake assembly gets hot from use. Just a suggestion for something else to look at. Had one on our Mazda P5 that you could hear over the radio when it got started. If it's the slides and the pads are not worn badly, the fix should be inexpensive.

· Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Just had New brake pads put on and rotors turned. Hubby still insists its not bearings. Lol
Who did the brake job? Did they lubricate the caliper slides? Did the noise start after the brakes were serviced? Does the Cruze have separate pad return springs to pull the pads back from the rotor? On our Mazsda, they look like wishbones and engage the pad at the end of the pad on each end. I once had one that was installed incorrectly and it allowed the pad on one side to drag on the rotor causing a squealing noise sometimes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.