Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm Amber, and I've got an AWESOME little 2011 red Cruze LT 1.4 liter. I bought it in 2014 and it has required NO major repairs, but its getting older so I've joined in anticipation of needing this forum for questions eventually.

Current mileage is 108,000, and I've put about 75,000 of those on with mostly city driving (I live in SLC, but I drive home to Oregon a few times a year). I've bumped it a few times, I bounced it off a snowbank RIGHT AFTER I BOUGHT IT and put a real good dent in the rocker panel (no damage at all to the door, which is weird), which I left...because I'm keeping this car forever and its on the passenger side so I never see it. :) I also low speed rear ended somebody (yeah, I know - DUMB) in a brand new Jeep SUV, and popped their rear quarter panel right off, but resulted in no damage to my car whatsoever.

I was pretty worried about buying the first year of a new model (especially after it was a rental car) but I test drove it and loved it and I have had no regrets whatsoever. This car is an absolute champ and I'm pretty sure it's living forever (lemme knock on some wood).

I'm gonna have to partially retire my red guy soon, I'm taking a job that will require me to travel quite a lot during the winter, so I'll have to get something AWD or 4WD to pummel through the Oregon mountain passes. I'm gonna run my Cruze as long as I can, but...see snowbank incident above. :)

Anyway, thanks for your time!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,753 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

I recommend you buy a second set of rims and install four snow tires for the winter. I have had excellent success with Blizzack WS80's. It is like a whole new car in the winter.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome aboard Amber! I had a 2011 since new until last year when a stupid teenager was texting and driving and she hit my cad badly, I had no choice to replace it. I still have 2 other Cruze and yes, I had/have issues but I can manage these with low cost and this forum has plenty of information and people who can help :)
Talking about snow, I'm coming from a mountain town and I can tell you that with winter tires I can go anywhere! I have separate sets and when the temperature starts to be constant below 35F and the winter is coming I just change to these. An AWD or 4WD without the right tires would be useless in snow and ice, I can see my neighbor struggling with his Jeep to get to the main road in the winter with tires that are "decent" only for dry conditions. Use your best judgment! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts