Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

If you've ever woken up in the morning with one of those motivational thoughts in your head, well mine this morning was "an invisible man can't be seen", and so I thought I know what that means it means I should post and say hello to the community here.

My name is Will, I'm owner/operator at Overkill Motorsports, I'm a small tuning company on Vancouver Island British Columbia, formerly in Toronto Ontario (Canada). I've been professionally tuning since 2002, and I've been a staple in the 3800 V6 community since that time, specializing in the 3800 Supercharged platform of which I've owned several Grand Prix GTPs.

I'm not a do-all tuner, I do tuning only for select platforms, and I'm here because I've always like the 1.4 Turbo and the Cruze, I've been meaning to become more involved for several years, so its nice to finally be here. I've been tuning Cruzes locally in Toronto only but with the newer handheld tuning solutions available I'll be able to serve you well wherever you are located.

Overkill tuning is very indepth tuning, with a focus as much so on driveability, meaning improving how the vehicle drives and fixing the annoying things that I'd want to be fixed when driving the car on a daily basis, and in modern GM tuning there's plenty of those. On the Cruze in particular, you're going to find the throttle response crisp at all road speeds, the auto transmission shifting sporty and pleasant, there are many adjustments made to accomplish these very simple sounding goals. I'll be offering a couple different tunes with each tuning purchase, including two 87 octane tunes for those of you who've been thinking of getting tuned but don't want to put in premium gas.

Tuning will be available through Diablosport products or EFI Live Autocal, both companies of which I use their custom tuning software and am dealers for their hardware. There will be advantages to either choice which I'll be back next week to highlight.

I'm also looking into other areas that I can provide product for the 1.4 Turbo. I'm not a fab shop but as a car enthusiast who's spun his own wrenches for years, I have several items I want to look at. First and foremost I'll have a new 48# fuel injector upgrade offering which has a projected tip, just like the factory fuel injectors, an important characteristic that's lost in current upgrades. Again I'll be back to explain more soon.

There's nothing currently on my website for the Cruze, that will change soon, but for now you can go poke around if you'd like, :: Overkill Motorsports :: or :: Overkill Motorsports ::

I have a Cruze on the driveway currently which I'll have for the next week, to help me finalize that fuel injector R&D and a few other items before I'm ready to release tuning.

·
Administrator
25,100 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I think you're the first tuner based in Canada - will probably really help our Canadian members.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I think you're the first tuner based in Canada - will probably really help our Canadian members.
excited indeed. only a quick boat ride to get to the island. I know you haven't mentioned it but will you be doing 1.8 tunes? I'd be more than happy to be your guinea pig.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
excited indeed. only a quick boat ride to get to the island. I know you haven't mentioned it but will you be doing 1.8 tunes? I'd be more than happy to be your guinea pig.
I'd like to do that, for sure. We should chat more about that in a couple weeks, I know I'll be making a trip over to the mainland to do a weekend of tuning for the locals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts