Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am Scott and I am from Des Moines, Iowa. Thanks for the add. I own a 2013 1LT Cruze. We have around 55K on it and seems to be a nice little car. We are having some power problems and I know the forums can be a great place to start. I currently work at Brown National Lease (Semi Trucking Company) I have worked there for 12 years as a diesel tech. I also do some tuning in the gas area with a MicroSquirt Standalone ECM so I am not in the dark with auto. I actually prefer gas over diesel. Diesel just pays better lol. Thanks again for the add.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I have more somewhere, But they are hiding at this point. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. You'll need to give us more of an idea of the symptoms before we can even have a shot at getting you pointed in the right direction.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Would you be able to describe these power issues a bit further? What octane fuel are you feeding your car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Welcome. You'll need to give us more of an idea of the symptoms before we can even have a shot at getting you pointed in the right direction.
I have already done some looking around about power problems. I didn't want to post anything in here. Some boards are picky about that. I am not putting in 91 into the car. 87 is what we use unless its a road trip then we will use the 91. Also the plugs are OEM. Mainly when sitting at a stop light and when it turns green its just a slow response with power and then a few seconds (Like 5) it will really take off. (Edit) It also does it on turns with acceleration. I know the turbo spools but it has been getting worse. We also have a tick in the upper part of the engine. I plan on checking on the plugs here soon. I did see a general maintenance section that I will check out. I have been going by the owners manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.