Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

HELP : 1.4 turbo engine, throttle body leaking motor oil + many codes + I change a lot of parts , still have rough idling, I am desperate 🙏.

138 1
Hi everyone !
My car with 60K mils with a 15K 1 Year old new turbo.
Few weeks ago spot few oil drop and I found that is coming form the throttle body, the day after
while climbing a hill the car lost power "Check engine light " p0171, p0301 and oil sprayed out form the the exhaust , making a lot of noise .
I change: .
  • Ignition Coil.
  • spark plugs.
  • Valve Cover .
  • PCV line to the turbo that was damage.
  • a damage coolant line.
  • damage Vapor Canister Purge valve
  • cleaned the fuel injectors.
  • cleaned both MAF sensors.
the second PCV on the intake manifold is still there . (I can see the orange nipple).
after all pf that the car is much better and drive and behave normal at boost,

the main problems :
  • there still oil coming out form the throttle body ( I am not sure if that new oil or still oil that stay in the system)
  • only when the car idling is not stable and sometimes I get Traction Control and occasionally a misfire p0301.

Any Ideas what to do :eek:?
Thanks you !!!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,149 Posts
few oil drop and I found that is coming form the throttle body
Seems like a PCV issue.

I am not sure if that new oil or still oil that stay in the system
I'm very confident you have had, and maybe still have a PCV system failure. And yes, your intercooler is almost certainly crammed with oil.

IMHO, clean out the intercooler and install a PCV fix kit. The intake manifold valve has probably failed, but the nipple stayed in place. When you install the kit, ensure the turbo check valve and valve cover diaphragm are still good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts