Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 1.8 2016 old body Cruze had a issue while driving. valve cover gasket failed loss of oil about 3 quarts check engine came on along with p0302, p0011, p0420, p0599
its my sons car. So replaced plugs coil pack and #2 injector did oil change. Also was ready for timing belt I did this also. At start up Runs ruff at idle and wants to stall if you put on A/C codes are p0302 p0011 p0599 p0324 So I took to local shop he said did compression check #2 cylinder low needs valve job. So I replaced whole head including valve train complete new out of box installed it put new thermostat and both cam vvt solenoid on belt side. At start up in first few min light came back on and it was like something clicked off or on started running ruff again and same codes pop up p0302 p0324 p0599 Please help upper half of motor is brand new and still misfire # 2 and knock sensor. What s next. Car is beating me lol need help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This 1.8 2016 old body Cruze had a issue while driving. valve cover gasket failed loss of oil about 3 quarts check engine came on along with p0302, p0011, p0420, p0599
its my sons car. So replaced plugs coil pack and #2 injector did oil change. Also was ready for timing belt I did this also. At start up Runs ruff at idle and wants to stall if you put on A/C codes are p0302 p0011 p0599 p0324 So I took to local shop he said did compression check #2 cylinder low needs valve job. So I replaced whole head including valve train complete new out of box installed it put new thermostat and both cam vvt solenoid on belt side. At start up in first few min light came back on and it was like something clicked off or on started running ruff again and same codes pop up p0302 p0324 p0599 Please help upper half of motor is brand new and still misfire # 2 and knock sensor. What s next. Car is beating me lol need help.
I also have stabilatrack service coming on also whole time.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
A cylinder test should have been performed before replacing head.

Sounds like the #2 piston has worn rings and or cylinder wall. Or the head isn't right. (Valves)

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,696 Posts
Reading through the codes below, I would start with the cheap and easy fixes first. One at a time, disconnect any and all wiring harness connectors and spray both sides with contact cleaner and then compressed air to ensure they are clean and dry, then reconnect them.
Secondly I would pull the plugs; evaluate them, the coil springs and resister pellets; possibly replace them, re-gap them and follow the rest of the steps in this post: Help please

A code P0302 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Defective ignition coil(s)
Bad spark plug(s), spark plug wires, or spark plug boots
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Malfunctioning fuel delivery system (fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel injectors, or fuel filter)
Major engine vacuum leak EGR valve stuck in the wide open position
Clogged EGR ports
Read more at: P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

A P0011 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following:

Incorrect camshaft timing
Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system
Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber
Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)
Read more at: Code P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

P0599 - Experience dictates that the problem usually lies in a loose or corroded electrical connector or the electrically operated thermostat itself is at fault.
Occasionally, the ECM fails, but is the least likely cause.
A loose or corroded connector on the thermostat
A coolant leak will cause the code to set
The thermostat itself has failed
A short or open has occurred in the wiring harness between the computer and thermostat
Read more at: P0599 Thermostat Heater Control Circuit High Code

P0324 - Potential causes for this code to set are:

Defective knock sensor/s Internal engine malfunction
Ignition misfire/s
Contaminated or substandard fuel
Defective knock sensor control wiring and/or connectors
Bad PCM or a PCM programing error
Read more at: P0324 Knock Control System Error

A code P0420 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Leaded fuel was used where unleaded was called for (unlikely)
A damaged or failed oxygen / O2 sensor
Downstream oxygen sensor (HO2S) wiring damaged or connected improperly
The engine coolant temperature sensor is not working properly
Damaged or leaking exhaust manifold / catalytic converter / muffler / exhaust pipe
Failed or underperforming catalytic converter (likely)
Retarded spark timing
The oxygen sensors in front and behind the converter are reporting too similar of readings
Leaking fuel injector or high fuel pressure
Cylinder misfire
Oil contamination
Read more at: P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Reply. I will double check all these. Yes now I look back after replacing the head I should have asked more ? to the shop that said It was at Fault. Im doing another compression check.
And will go down the list you gave me Blasirl Thanks for your time on my post. Ill let u know what I find TY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts