Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help guys! Im in dire need!

My 2011 1.8L Cruze has begun to (in increasingly numerous occasions) lose power in acceleration, and at times,
when going from a stop, to turning on to an onramp, the transmission seems to get stuck, like
as is youre in 1st or 2nd gear and do not shift, the engine just revs and revs and revs.

Also, while in motion, if I need to slow down, or release the gas pedal, if I add a bit of pressure to the gas pedal,
the car begins to lose acceleration, and quickly.

Recently (today), I experienced it again on a side street, and when attempting to add some gas, there seems to be
a tick, a clinking sound, like the transmission isnt catching the next gear. Ive been told its spark plugs not
producing enough power, that replacing them will help.

Has anyone heard of this? I start my Fall semester soon, and cant afford to go carless! (no warning or engine lights go off).

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Manual or Automatic. In either case it's time for you to change the transmission fluid (automatic) /gear synchromesh (manual).

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Help guys! Im in dire need!

My 2011 1.8L Cruze has begun to (in increasingly numerous occasions) lose power in acceleration, and at times,
when going from a stop, to turning on to an onramp, the transmission seems to get stuck, like
as is youre in 1st or 2nd gear and do not shift, the engine just revs and revs and revs.

Also, while in motion, if I need to slow down, or release the gas pedal, if I add a bit of pressure to the gas pedal,
the car begins to lose acceleration, and quickly.

Recently (today), I experienced it again on a side street, and when attempting to add some gas, there seems to be
a tick, a clinking sound, like the transmission isnt catching the next gear. Ive been told its spark plugs not
producing enough power, that replacing them will help.

Has anyone heard of this? I start my Fall semester soon, and cant afford to go carless! (no warning or engine lights go off).
Hello bewareimawesome,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Cruze and do understand how important it is to have daily transportation. Are you planning on making your servicing dealership aware? Our team would be happy to get in touch with them to bring your concerns to their attention. If this is of interest, please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.