Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
{2012 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo}

I purchased my Cruze 3 months ago. I purchased it with a check engine light on but the codes that were being shown were just a couple of sensors MAF and MAP and P1101 which is an Intake Air Flow System Performance, other than that no other problems. The Cruze ran great on the test drive and on the way back home which is a 40mi drive. I fixed the problems and cleared the codes. A couple of weeks went by and I was noticing that Cruze was running, a little differently, I don't say it was running rough because I feel it's too harsh of a describing word. It was like a soft pulsating when at an idol as if it needed more air. The check engine light came back on indicating that there is a Cylinder 2 Misfire and the Stabilitrak Light is on. After doing some research I went under the hood and got to work. I replaced the following...
  • Valve Cover Gasket
  • Coil Pack Harness
  • Spark Plugs
  • Coil Pack
  • Cleaned Fuel Injectors
  • Purge Valve
  • PVC Hose
  • Fuses and Relays I did the trick of switching one Injector for the other, #4 was now #2 and I got the same results. Cylinder 2 Misfire and Stabilitrak lights are still on as well. I parked the Cruze and continued researching. I changed gears and started changing just random parts on my car, everything non-engine performance related and the Cruze sat for 3 to 4 days. The next time that I got into my car and drove it, it was like the car gods came and fixed the Cruze. The Cruze felt and ran like it just made its way off the showroom floor. No engine light no Stabilitrak Light. So I just left it alone for a couple of weeks. For almost 2 months the Cruze is throwing the P0302 Misfire code and displaying the check engine light, it will be on for a while and then goes away and it happens every time I take the Negative Terminal off the battery. Any advice would be greatly apperciated

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://www.autocodes.com/p0302_chevrolet.html
It could be a sticking valve so I would get some additive like the liquid moly valve cleaner.
I know some don't use additives and some people do but I really support the additives since I work and sell them on a daily basis.
I have been using Seafoam and definitely no negative results! Thank you for your input, i appreciate it!

· Registered
2011 Cruze Eco 6MT 2003 SVT Focus
3 Posts
If you haven't yet, you need to ensure your PCV system is functioning correctly. There are 2 PCV valves on the engine, one integrated into the PCV hose (which you replaced), and one integrated into the intake manifold. The one inside the intake manifold fails often causing all sorts of engine problems (oil leaks, misfires, oil consumption, lack of power, catalytic converter failure). Check out Cruzekits.com for the PCV fix kit and check out the pinned threads on this forum regarding the PCV problems. You could also replace the intake manifold, but this will only temporarily fix the problem. If you don't get this fixed, random engine problems will keep coming back and your Cruze will not be long for this world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts