Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my check engine light just came on today. Yesterday my 2011 Chevy Cruze stopped blowing out hot air and only blows out hot air when i gun it. (yes i made sure the climate was set to hot and that the a/c button was off). Tonight the hot air issue continues and not my temp gauge is fluctuating between a small tic below medium and the large tic before the max temp. again when i gun it or accelerate it'll go back down to medium but after i steady the speed it will start to rise and lower at random. when i got home i left it running, popped the hood to see if i could visually see anything and there was nothing besides the engine fan was loud as **** (it is also loud as **** while driving) and when i went to shut off my car the temp had maxed out and was saying end over heated. This all started after i took it in for a recall that had to do with the engine coolant thing back in august. (also since that recall my car leaves puddles of coolant in my driveway every day). ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
If your car is leaving puddles of coolant, you should not be driving it until its repaired. Obviously the problem here is a leak and you are more than likely low on coolant. Continuing to drive the car will cause further engine damage.

Take your car in and get it fixed ASAP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.