Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My 2011 Cruze 1.4 Turbo,(60,000 kilometers) auto, down shifts hard when coming to a stop light ( happens around 18 - 20 kilom an [COLOR=#67B045 !important]hour[/COLOR]) and then up shifts hard to get going again?
I have only had for couple of weeks, I have bumper to bumper warranty for 6 more months.
Do you know of any recalls pertinent to fix this problem.
Just wondering, if premium gas or new plugs would help. I believe it has original equipment plugs.

Registered
Not a recall but it was a TSB. Most if not all 11 and early 12s have had this issue take it back to the dealer

Administrator
Anyone got the TSB number for this? Depending on how sharp CruzzieQ's dealer is she may need to give the dealer the TSB number.

Premium Member
Check water pump, I was running sluggish back in 2013 turned out to be the faulty water pumps

Registered
Sneekerfix is correct I believe. My 2012 had a new transmission programming from GM, and I think that the 2011 had a TSB to go into the dealer to have their transmission reflashed. Cold weather might effect the shifting smoothness, however I think that this is the trans programming. However I am no mechanic.

Registered
Anyone got the TSB number for this? Depending on how sharp CruzzieQ's dealer is she may need to give the dealer the TSB number.
Think this is it for the 6t40 09-07-30-012A.

If they do rebuild the trans tell them to replace the TCM if not you will come back at some point for the same issue.

Gm tells the dealer to "clean" the Oem TCM which doesn't work most of the time.

Super Moderator
OP?

Since you say this car is new to you, I'm wondering if the somewhat unique shift characteristics of the Cruze automatic aren't making you believe something is wrong.
The 2011's in particular were rather harsh on the downshift with throttle reapply and also somewhat harsh on the 3-2 downshift while slowing.

Before you make yourself crazy, try to road test a same year 1.4T Cruze......Currently I'm thinking you are comparing your car to a previous car with a more conventianal auto box.

2012 and subsequent automatics have a redesigned shift program to lesson the effect but they still display it under certain driving conditions.

Just thinkin,
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts