Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Help diagnose oil leak 馃檹馃徎

254 5
Just hit 100,000 miles . Yesterday used engine degreaser to clean everything underneath as best I could. Took for a drive today and then got under my car trying to diagnose leaks. I found the transmission oil cooling lines dripping red fluid. Also crank shaft seal leak. Possibly oil pan gasket leaking but could be the crankshaft seal just dripping down.

My question tho.. I found another spot higher up the engine looking from underneath. Hopefully you can tell from pictures. The oil feed line to the turbo(think that's what it's called) is above it I believe but looks dry.

Anyone recognize where those is coming from?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered

Registered
Dealing with the same thing here. You'll have to remove the turbo to get to the oil cooler. Dorman has a complete set of all the parts you'll need.

BIG WARNING! The turbo oil return line break when removing the turbo. I suggest you research "How to remove the turbo". I haven't seen a single video where the return line doesn't break.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I just found another leak. Maybe oil cooler isn't leaking and this hose is dripping down on it making it look that way? Looks like a much easier fix lol

Its leaking from the top of the hose right at the connection. Maybe just need a new hose. Maybe the plastic part that is clamped onto is cracked?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts