Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my own exhaust and Cai. I was just playing around and removed 2nd cat and ran it halfway down car and its about 6" short of sticking out from under passenger side. I removed the silencer and made my own CAI out of my old turbo piping from my mustang. Did not mess with anything else. We have a road we test on and it is farely accurate. Hit 99mph before multiple times, managed a 111 this time... AFTER two runs I did another, it is an auto and would make a supra ish backfire between shifts. Not crazy loud or poppy just a deep pop. In the middle of 3rd it just quit pulling.. check all connections, couplers ect and nothing. Still a day after if I get it in it just creeps. NO noise or drive issues, revs clean ect. Just wont move hardly. Not throwing a code somehow. Thanks for the Help in advance. it was around 30 degrees out, and I believe it is pulling fuel somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
What year, how many miles, any previous issues?

·
Vendor
979 Posts
Its the intake tube. Put the stock one back on.

I bet your new intake is probably a good bit larger diameter tubing or the MAF is near the turbo inlet or something. Post a pic of it and I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I bet your new intake is probably a good bit larger diameter tubing or the MAF is near the turbo inlet or something. Post a pic of it and I'll tell you what's wrong with it.
It is 3" piping, I will get a picture for you. The maf is halfway from original location to the turbo inlet. Im not gonna lie it isnt pretty but I was just playing with a friend after we got done working on the mustang, I didnt intend this to happen. I also have the maf screen between the filter and pipe. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I put all the stock stuff back on besides the fender well box, still nothing.. then I put the silencer tube on the box and it was fine.. thats so weird. I could not see that affecting it like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts