Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Help I am losing Cylinders!!!

1050 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bigginstransport
Oh dear where do I start! Ever since I was 15 I have owned a v8. I started with a 2003 cobra that I did a ton of stuff to, owned it for 12 years. Then I had a 2008 Pontiac G8 gt with bolt ons for a bit. For another couple days I have a 2015 Mustang GT..... But on Thursday....

I am trading in my GT for a Black 2018 Cruze Hatchback LT 6 Speed.

I am at a point in my life where modding cars to go super fast has gotten to be more costly and trouble than it is worth. I hope to be back in a cobra or to get a c5z or c6z one day, but until then going to rock the 4 banger life!

At the very least I want to lower my cruze, get dark window tint, put bronze or chrome 18s or 19s on it, intake, tune and hopefully downpipe with a cut out. I don't ever care to try and make it super fast but would love to get 30 + more Hp out of it. I also don't want it super loud if it only adds like 5 hp lol. I am assuming since it comes with a turbo stock you can up the boost a few psi, get an intake and exhaust and really wake the car up,relatively speaking.

Honestly these cars look pretty bland stock but I have seen some with aftermarket wheels and drop it looks pretty good.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Oh dear where do I start! Ever since I was 15 I have owned a v8. I started with a 2003 cobra that I did a ton of stuff to, owned it for 12 years. Then I had a 2008 Pontiac G8 gt with bolt ons for a bit. For another couple days I have a 2015 Mustang GT..... But on Thursday....

I am trading in my GT for a Black 2018 Cruze Hatchback LT 6 Speed.

I am at a point in my life where modding cars to go super fast has gotten to be more costly and trouble than it is worth. I hope to be back in a cobra or to get a c5z or c6z one day, but until then going to rock the 4 banger life!

At the very least I want to lower my cruze, get dark window tint, put bronze or chrome 18s or 19s on it, intake, tune and hopefully downpipe with a cut out. I don't ever care to try and make it super fast but would love to get 30 + more Hp out of it. I also don't want it super loud if it only adds like 5 hp lol. I am assuming since it comes with a turbo stock you can up the boost a few psi, get an intake and exhaust and really wake the car up,relatively speaking.

Honestly these cars look pretty bland stock but I have seen some with aftermarket wheels and drop it looks pretty good.

Welcome! I'm getting an intake tomorrow so I can post a video to show you. Here's a video of my current exhaust setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7mgQI62hWM), its a resonator and muffler delete to a Y-pipe. Sounds super mean, I've got a Gen2 like you but its a LS 2016. You can make these 1.4Ls sound really nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.