Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I am currently looking to purchase my first new vehicle and could use some advice. The model I am looking at is a 2011 LS, automatic, with AC and about 200 Kilometers on it. The sticker price is $18500 (Canadian dollars). I am not good at this haggling thing, what is a reasonable offer to make?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am currently looking to purchase my first new vehicle and could use some advice. The model I am looking at is a 2011 LS, automatic, with AC and about 200 Kilometers on it. The sticker price is $18500 (Canadian dollars). I am not good at this haggling thing, what is a reasonable offer to make?
If this is your first time and you are not good at the "haggling thing", you need to know more than just a reasonable offer price. In my mind, buying a car is an expensive proposition, and a complex one at that. Unless, you are not planing on keep said purchase very long and you are going to be trading it in in a couple of years.

This site will teach you everything you need to know to talk to a car salesman and not be at a disadvantage. It may look like a lot of information, but if you don't want to be a tuna at the dealership, it is knowledge you can use to keep from being hooked.

New car buying guide, avoiding dealer scams, new cars, used car buying

I know, I probably sound like a stuck track, but this stuff really works.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, there seems to be a lot of useful information. I have a question regarding the spreadsheet the site uses to calculate an offering price. It requires the user to input a invoice price (wholesale price). Is this a number an everyday joe blow can obtain?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.