Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think my only advice would be on comparing the quality of a 2011 honda to the Cruze...I think it a bit unfair to compare your 8 year old car in quality to a new car. From my understanding that HOnda and Toyota have slipped in quality.

Take a look at the new honda's and compare it to the chev and hyundai and then you should be able to make your decision.

As for service...any American car will be cheaper to repair over a Japenese or Korean car any day all day, with parts being more readilly available.

Happy hunting!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Oh, that is interesting review and thread. The difference for me the Cruze Eco MT will cost me $2500.00 more than the Elantra GLS MT as it stands right now. Anyone have any idea what it takes to obtain or qualify for the $1K loyalty bonus (I've not owned a Chevrolet since the 80's)?
All it would probably take is you saying I am not buying this car unless you give me $1000 more off!!

It's worth a shot...everything is negotiable :th_coolio:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Some verbage that I found on the web:

"In order to qualify for any of these savings you must have owned the qualifying vehicle for at least 6 months. The vehicle must currently be registered to someone from your immediate family that resides in your household. You do not have to trade your loyalty vehicle in. You can only use a GM Loyalty Program once for each qualifying GM vehicle"

My Mom owns a Pontiac, but she does not reside with me. Oh well...
Even though you don't have a GM make them give you the credit anyways....the dealer will know how to work around that obstacle....you just have to ask

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good point WhiteCo. I just seems like the market is such that there is not alot of negotiation in my part of the country (Seattle area). There are several dealership in my area slapping on Market Adjustment (gouging fees), which I refuse to pay.

When you tell them you will walk and get a Hyundai...if they need to sell a car then they will make it work...if they are having a good month..they may let you walk...but the way things are with the economy...my hunch is they will make it work :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I happened to buy my car at the end of the month and my salesman was trying to win a sales contest...he made the deal work :)

You just never know....maybe even try going to a few different dealers...someone will want to give a discount on a cruze to get your business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.