Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
All good points. The problem is that I want a specific color scheme. Black exterior and Black/Sport red interior with the connectity package. They are rare up here and from what I seen very popular.

I found one that was coming into a dealership and tried to work out a deal with the dealer and they pricing me the wrong car they were not responsive (it was a mess). Then the day it was delivered at the lot, someone else came in and bought the car before it was ran through PDI (very frustrating). Through the chevrolet site I found another one like this one show up last week, but it is pre-sold. I found another in Portland in the production/delivery pipe and that is about it. Else I will have to drive further or wait for the 2012s.

·
Registered
182 Posts
All good points. The problem is that I want a specific color scheme. Black exterior and Black/Sport red interior with the connectity package. They are rare up here and from what I seen very popular.

I found one that was coming into a dealership and tried to work out a deal with the dealer and they pricing me the wrong car they were not responsive (it was a mess). Then the day it was delivered at the lot, someone else came in and bought the car before it was ran through PDI (very frustrating). Through the chevrolet site I found another one like this one show up last week, but it is pre-sold. I found another in Portland in the production/delivery pipe and that is about it. Else I will have to drive further or wait for the 2012s.
Or buy the Elantra.

You're not in a position of power. Simple economics - you're after a car w/ limited supply and high demand. It would be very difficult to get such a car at a good price.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Oh, that is interesting review and thread. The difference for me the Cruze Eco MT will cost me $2500.00 more than the Elantra GLS MT as it stands right now. Anyone have any idea what it takes to obtain or qualify for the $1K loyalty bonus (I've not owned a Chevrolet since the 80's)?
That's strange as when I priced my cars in March the MSRP was $2230 more for the Eco over the GLS (19,175 vs. 16,945) but I was only given $600 off on the GLS but $2800 off ($1800 dealer discount + $1000 loyality (2002 Saturn for the wifey)) on the Eco making it pretty much a wash. However for basically the same price the Eco became the no-brainer for me. I think the MT Eco's are becomming a little harder to get right now so YMMV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You got a great deal compared to me.

Currently, my best price for the Cruze Eco is $19400.00 and the Elantra is $16700.00($2700.00 spread). If the prices were a wash, I would go with the Cruze Eco.

I see my options as the following:
1. Settle for what exists in inventory on a dealer's lot
2. Look further out and away from Seattle to find one that I would want on a dealer's lot
3. Wait and hope the rebates resurface in a few months
4. Purchase the Elantra
5. Keep what I have now and see what the market looks like next year

Is there something that I've overlooked or not considered?

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Well, when I bought I did pick a car that was on the lot. At that time they had 3 Eco 6MT's available and all were no optioned (well, 1 had mud flaps and was like $150 more). I did want the connectivity pkg for the cruise control but decided I would just install it myself at a later date (which I did). I think at that time the Eco wasn't recognized as well as it is now. Anyhow, that day (March 26) my dealer sold 7 Cruzes - 2 being the Eco 6MT's. I have been watching his website inventory weekly and can honestly tell you I have not seen a Eco MT in his inventory since late April. In case you are interested: www.advantagechevbb.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Over this last weekend, a dealership gave me a Cruze Eco loaner to take home over night.

Wow was that a fun car to drive. I just love the whole package of being able to have a manual transmission, great fuel economy and many of the nice options to boot. I love the pick up on the low end from the turbo and the manual was easy to operate. The wife wanted to go back out for several cruises, which I took as a good sign.

I reset the average miles per gallon on the DIC before I left the dealership. The wife and I put about 300 miles on the car and when I pulled back into their lot it read 41.4 MPG, which I thought was pretty darn good!

So, I believe that I just about settled on the Cruze Eco 6MT. :clap:

Now, I have to decide between a 2011 or 2012 Cruze.

I see the price went up about $400.00 for the 2012 Ecos. But, they offer the Nav for less than a 1k and an upgraded sound package. Hopefully, someone can post what the if they see the new Topaz blue. However choosing that color would not allow for the black/sport red interior. Of course with a blue exterior with a black/red interior may not be a great match, lol. :rolleyes:

I think waiting until the fall may be a good idea if I decide on the 2012 to allow the stock to build up and the pressure on the prices to go down.

Anyone have any recommendations between buying a 2011 now or waiting for a 2012?

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Or buy the Elantra.

You're not in a position of power. Simple economics - you're after a car w/ limited supply and high demand. It would be very difficult to get such a car at a good price.
Not always true. Even with supply and demand in the dealers favor, you can still get great deals. I got my Si for 3kish under MSRP and even got a bunch of the fees waved.

Edit: also OP you should look into hyundais gaurnteed resale value. Of course there is always a catch

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.